Author Topic: Shaq gets an award.  (Read 1436 times)

jn

Shaq gets an award.
« on: March 29, 2004, 05:58:59 PM »
Let me see if I've got this straight, the self proclaimed "Man of Steel" takes HIMSELF out of the game then whines about the odd lineups?

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3298669/

You know, I really try not to hate the Lakers and back in the 80's they were my second favorite team behind Doc's 76ers but now there is ALWAYS someone on the team making an ass of himself in public.  I don't even think I HATE them yet but I really don't like anything about them anymore.  

I think most Laker fans would echo my sentiments on the current Laker.

SHUT UP AND PLAY ALREADY!!!!!!!

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Shaq gets an award.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 06:26:42 PM »
This is no big news JN, the Big Crybaby has been nominated for whiner of the week more than Iverson and Webber combined. He pretty much deserves it every time too.
Dan

Guest_Randy

Shaq gets an award.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 11:33:23 PM »
Let me see if I've got this straight, the self proclaimed "Man of Steel" takes HIMSELF out of the game then whines about the odd lineups?

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3298669/

You know, I really try not to hate the Lakers and back in the 80's they were my second favorite team behind Doc's 76ers but now there is ALWAYS someone on the team making an ass of himself in public.  I don't even think I HATE them yet but I really don't like anything about them anymore.  

I think most Laker fans would echo my sentiments on the current Laker.

SHUT UP AND PLAY ALREADY!!!!!!!
Shaqs problem has always been twofold:  1) his pride is so huge that it bumps into everything; and 2) his brain doesn't seem to be connected to his mouth.  

Shaq does understand about team though -- however, he seems to think that the team (and the league and the world) should always revolve around him.  The problem is that it often factors into the idea that he doesn't have to play as hard as he should.  When Shaq is motivated and determined, he is definately the middle piece that we need -- when he isn't?  He is a step slower than he should be and chooses to simply use the power game and expect everyone to stand in awe of him.  The Lakers need Shaq -- but his attitude is also the reason the Lakers need Malone because Malone will challenge Shaq in a way that no one else on the team can.  However, that being said, I think Shaq realizes that he needs Kobe as much as Kobe needs him -- the problem is that neither can admit that the other player is better -- Shaq can't do it because he is too insecure and Kobe can do it because it's just too hard for him to fathom that anyone on this planet can play the game up to his level.

jn

Shaq gets an award.
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 12:12:01 PM »
Yeah you'd think I'd be numb or able to ignore all the "controversy" coming out of LA but once in a while it intrudes on my conciousness.  This is one of those times and they have been a lot more frequent this year.  :(

Out of respect for the Laker fans here I will try and redirect my hostility to a more traditional combination of targets, the Knicks and Marbury.  Buncha no good, ego bloated.... :ph34r:  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Shaq gets an award.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 01:15:16 PM »
Yeah you'd think I'd be numb or able to ignore all the "controversy" coming out of LA but once in a while it intrudes on my conciousness.  This is one of those times and they have been a lot more frequent this year.  :(

Out of respect for the Laker fans here I will try and redirect my hostility to a more traditional combination of targets, the Knicks and Marbury.  Buncha no good, ego bloated.... :ph34r:
jn, don't bother.  Laker fans don't recognize respect regardless of wether it's being given or recieved.  :lol:  
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Guest_Randy

Shaq gets an award.
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2004, 01:15:56 PM »

Buncha no good, ego bloated....

Glad you see the difference -- the Lakers are a buncha good, ego bloated . . .