Author Topic: Spurs trying to sign PJ Brown  (Read 1188 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs trying to sign PJ Brown
« on: February 26, 2008, 03:48:47 PM »
http://www.broadbandnewsnet.com/newsmanager/anmviewer.asp?a=4480&z=1

Could Spurs be in the hunt for P.J. Brown?
Wire Reports
Tuesday, February 26, 2008

In a surprising development, Marty Burns of Sports Illustrated is reporting that P.J Brown, a 34-year-old power forward who has been living in Louisiana since finishing out his contract with the Bulls last season, has backed off his previous decision to stay retired and is now seriously mulling an offer to join an NBA team.

"The Hornets are widely assumed to be the front-runner, but the Suns, Mavs, Spurs and Celtics also could be in the hunt. Bartelstein, who also represents Brown, would not specify which teams had made offers, but he did say Brown had undergone a change of heart and was now weighing his NBA options."

San Antonio tried to sign Brown to a free-agent contract, but he opted for the Hornets at the time. Gregg Popovich and R.C. Buford have long been fans of Brown's defensive abilities and rebounding.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 03:57:51 PM by SPURSX3 »
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Spurs trying to sign PJ Brown
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 08:26:44 PM »
I don't know what kind of playing shape that PJ Brown is in but I've always been a fan of Brown.  I was hoping that the Lakers would go after him when Bynum went down.  This definately would give the Spurs a great deal of depth in the frontcourt if he can get into playing shape. 

The playoffs are going to be a LOT of fun!  I'm hoping the Lakers can get healthy so they can knock the Spurs out -- just like the good ole days!   ;D

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 11:06:46 AM »
P.J. signed with the Celts...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 11:24:50 AM »

Cassel is trying like hell to get on that roster as well.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 11:29:15 AM »

I figured signing PJ was a long shot after Thomas was acquired.  IMO the Spurs got the better player.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues