Author Topic: Off topic - digital light projectors  (Read 994 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Off topic - digital light projectors
« on: March 30, 2004, 01:00:09 PM »
I have been thinking about turnign one of the rooms in my home into a theatre and have been windering about purchasing a digital light projector.  Dell has a deal on one for 899.00, 1200 lumens (which i think is good enough for the home) svga 800x600 res.  or of course they have the high end vesion for 2099.00 but i dont think i need that high lumens for home theatre.  what would anybody out there suggest?  purchasing the lower priced one, get a surround sound system, and hdtv dish or directv receiver?  or just shell out the money for an HDTV?  the problem wit the DLP is the lamp replacement will run about 240.00 to 290.00 depending on model.  i know my buds have one in their burger joint and show the games on it and have it on all day, it has not burned out.  let me know what you guys think?  should i go the other route (HDTV console) or not?
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.