Author Topic: Question for you Ted...  (Read 1680 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Question for you Ted...
« on: April 11, 2008, 03:06:51 PM »
Did someone tell Utah they only have to play 47 minutes and 55 seconds instead of the full 48?

I couldn't believe that lapse after Williams hit that 3, they didn't look like they were celebrating, it looked like they went to sleep, hard to believe a Jerry Sloan coached team missed an assignment like that, especially after coming back from so far down.

Didn't really affect seeding for them, though I HATED seeing Dallas clinch a playoff spot. In fact, barring some upsets, it still looks like Utah will face Houston in the first round, which should be an easy 5 games for the Jazz.

But man, what a lapse dude, it had to make you wonder what they were thinking.
Dan

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Question for you Ted...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 03:32:17 PM »
I was SO PISSED.

Here's what happened:

1. Deron rushed his shot and got lucky with the bank. The Mavericks had way too much time. 5.3 seconds.
2. When it went in, he wanted a four-point play so he stood and looked at the ref, while Jason Terry pushed the ball. Even after hesitating for a full second, the Mavs got an open shot. If they had been faster, the Mavs could have had an open layup for the win.
3. Boozer fell asleep and didn't get in front of Terry, so he looked at Korver (who was in position to get in front of Dirk), and pointed at Terry. Korver got in front of Terry. Dirk got left alone.
4. Memo was SLOW.
5. DWill barely crossed half court.

Hopefully they'll learn from this. I'll tell you what though . . . that was pathetic.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 03:57:06 PM »
I was SO PISSED.

Here's what happened:

1. Deron rushed his shot and got lucky with the bank. The Mavericks had way too much time. 5.3 seconds.
2. When it went in, he wanted a four-point play so he stood and looked at the ref, while Jason Terry pushed the ball. Even after hesitating for a full second, the Mavs got an open shot. If they had been faster, the Mavs could have had an open layup for the win.
3. Boozer fell asleep and didn't get in front of Terry, so he looked at Korver (who was in position to get in front of Dirk), and pointed at Terry. Korver got in front of Terry. Dirk got left alone.
4. Memo was SLOW.
5. DWill barely crossed half court.

Hopefully they'll learn from this. I'll tell you what though . . . that was pathetic.

Are you sure it was Terry?

Anyway, what it looked like to me was that Utah was NOT aware that Dallas was out of time outs.  In a close game like that you expect a timeout after every posession, I think the Jazz players expected the Mavs to call a timeout after the Jazz made the shot but since the Mavs had no timeout they were forced to take the ball out and go.  That seemed to have caught the Jazz flat footed and the Mavs got an open shot.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 04:06:42 PM »
That is pretty much the way I saw it, I watched that game before the Laker game and I was left shaking my head, Boozer is the one that really blew the assignment, and Williams I think you can chalk up to youth, to tell you the truth, I don't think he was fouled in the act of shooting, so he should have just been happy he made the shot and didn't have to try to do it on an inbounds or tie it at the line if Dallas was over the limit which they were.

As I said, in terms of seeding, it didn't hurt the Jazz, but when they are finetuning for th playoffs, mental mistakes like that can be a real cause for concern
Dan

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 05:29:35 PM »
I can't find a picture, but the replay shows he was "touched" on the elbow of his shooting arm and then the lower body when George got underneath him. It wasn't much though. I think he was trying to pull a Reggie Miller and draw a foul with his legs. I don't think it was unfair.

I can't remember who pushed the ball up the court, I'm just pretty sure it wasn't Kidd, so I assumed it was Terry.

Boozer let Dirk go right by him. That was one of the keys. It would have helped if the Jazz' fasted player, DWill, could have crossed half court.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 08:45:54 PM »
I can't find a picture, but the replay shows he was "touched" on the elbow of his shooting arm and then the lower body when George got underneath him. It wasn't much though. I think he was trying to pull a Reggie Miller and draw a foul with his legs. I don't think it was unfair.

I can't remember who pushed the ball up the court, I'm just pretty sure it wasn't Kidd, so I assumed it was Terry.

Boozer let Dirk go right by him. That was one of the keys. It would have helped if the Jazz' fasted player, DWill, could have crossed half court.

I think it was EJ, Jones has that veteran savy that Terry lacks.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"