Author Topic: DWill vs Paul  (Read 1373 times)

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
DWill vs Paul
« on: February 05, 2008, 11:32:52 AM »
Anybody see what Deron Williams did to Chris Paul last night?

Williams
38 Minutes, 29 PTS, 11-13 FG, 3-4 3PT, 4-5 FT, 3 REB, 11 AST, 3 TO, 1 STL, 0 PF

Paul
27 Minutes, 6 PTS, 3-11 FG, 0-2 SPT, 0-1 FT, 4 REB, 6 AST, 5 TO, 1 STL, 5 PF
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: DWill vs Paul
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 12:02:02 PM »
I did see that Ted.  I was going to put up a post about Williams deciding to make it personal last night.   

Excellent win for the Jazz.  Were you there?
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 12:30:13 PM »
I'm pissed too cuz they got him in foul trouble last night...messed up my fantasy bball stats haha

I believe this is the 2nd time that DWill has bested Paul right?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 04:33:19 PM »
I was not there.

I am glad to see Deron work Paul over like that. It's been a pretty favorable matchup for us when they go head to head. In fact, this year, (in only two games of course) Deron has been much better than Paul.

Here's the average stats of their last four games against each other.

MP   FG%   3P%   FT%   TRB   AST   STL   BLK   TO   PTS            
DWill   37   55.1   33.3   77.3   3.2   9   1   0.2   3.6   19.6
Paul   34   36.4   11.1   82.4   3.5   9   1.5   0   3   11.75

Last night Deron was able to make his superior size and strength a major advantage, so while Paul definitely has a step on Deron, Deron can post Paul up inside at will, or almost at will.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 05:03:24 PM »
Congrats on a great win last night, Ted.  Nice 9 game winning streak they have going.  Utah is now looking like the team we thought they'd be coming in to this season. 

I caught the highlights of last night's game and Deron looked great as did Boozer w/17 boards!  That Korver trade was a great move as he lit up NO last night.  It's amazing how much the right role player can really improve a team.  And Giricek seems to be a bust at this point. 

Regardless of who comes out on top when they match up, I'm just glad to see two young point guards with excellent skills both in terms of distributing the ball and scoring.  Both of these kids are really living up to their potential and it's fun to watch.