Author Topic: Let's help Ed Stefanski "Fix" the Sixers.  (Read 5177 times)

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Re: Let's help Ed Stefanski "Fix" the Sixers.
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2007, 03:11:43 PM »
I think if they let Louis Williams and Thad Young play more it would help.  Cheeks is too much in love with Korver and Carney.

Before the injury to Willie Green, Thad was ahead of Carney in the rotation.  Carney's starting now because he's more experienced, but when both Thad and Carney are coming off the bench, Thad is already ahead of Carney in the rotation.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2007, 04:32:19 PM »
What do you think, is it better to play Carney with his greater experience, or to develop Thad Young and see how good he really is. 

He seems to be a slightly lankier Andre Igoudala- physically.  I haven't seen enough of him to have any idea of how good he is.  I'm pretty sure Carney is never going to be more than a 2nd/3rd string player.

If Young could be a starter, we could move Iguogala to the 2 and have Williams at the one.  To me that could be better than Miller, Igoudala and Williams. 

That would be a very quick lineup, IMO. Sixers of the future?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2007, 05:20:06 PM »
It's funny how homerism jumps off the screen at me when I visit other websites that are team specific.  Every player, to the 12th man, has the potential to "really help the team" or become a "nice player".  I sometimes forget the name of this website and get really confused by the ridiculous Sixers talk, then I remember "PHILLYarena"...ohhhh....that's righhhhht.....Philly.....
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2007, 05:32:13 PM »
Cuz you Laker fans have never waxed poetic about the likes of Jordan Farmar, Sasha Vujacic, Ronny Turiaf, and those good 'ole days, Slava Medvedenko.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2007, 05:46:21 PM »
It's funny how homerism jumps off the screen at me when I visit other websites that are team specific.  Every player, to the 12th man, has the potential to "really help the team" or become a "nice player".  I sometimes forget the name of this website and get really confused by the ridiculous Sixers talk, then I remember "PHILLYarena"...ohhhh....that's righhhhht.....Philly.....

Who's said anything homerism (don't count rick)?  I haven't called Thad or Louis superstars.  Nor do I think Thad is even a starter quality at this point.  But if you don't think a guy who put up 15/6 as a freshman in a very tough conference, with his athleticism, can develop into a starter down the line (again, not superstar, but starter), then I simply disagree.

And at this point with Louis Williams it's not about potential.  he's helping the team now.  11 ppg and 3.5 apg in barely 20 minutes is helping.  Again, noone's proclaiming superstardom here, but to say he's not contributing is...odd, to say the least.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2007, 05:52:38 PM »
Cuz you Laker fans have never waxed poetic about the likes of Jordan Farmar, Sasha Vujacic, Ronny Turiaf, and those good 'ole days, Slava Medvedenko.

Jordan Farmar and Turiaf yes.  Those are legit.  I don't remember anyone being proud of Sasha for more then one or two plays in the course of a game.   But who was pulling for Slava on this website?!?!

DB you are right about aquiring a 20/10 guy via a trade.  After thinking about it for a minute I can't really think of any team that was able to get a 20/10 guy in trade aside from a few blockbuster trades here and there.  Aside from the KG trade and the Shaq trade I can't think of any that happened within the last decade.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2007, 02:46:30 PM »

On this board?  I don't think so.  One of the longer discussions on this board was a disagreement about Bynum being a journey man.  Maybe you are thinking about that discussion where we lost it and decided that Brian Cook was the next KG and Ronnie Turiaf was the next TD.  If you are talking about that thread then yes, you nailed us.  ::)
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"