Author Topic: Fabs v SuperBynum VI  (Read 2758 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Fabs v SuperBynum VI
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2007, 08:43:37 PM »
To say otherwise is just down right lying.

. . . or goading.

Goading would imply some thought behind the post, that is too far a stretch.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2007, 10:35:28 PM »
To say otherwise is just down right lying.

. . . or goading.

I would agree if Reality didn't believe in his heart that Fabs is the key to the Spurs championship run last year and for their defending of that same title this year  :D
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2008, 11:49:13 AM »
LOL, forgot about this thread.  AGAIN, the thread title should be SuperKwames vs Flabs.  Bynum is having a very good season, I'm still not geeked on him like the rest of Laker land.  So far I've seen Bynum do well against players he has over matched, smaller PF's playing C.  I'd like to see Bynum go up against a good young natural center.  Howard, Yao, Bosh, Amare and TD. 

I would love to seem him play TD on both ends of the court, that would show me alot as far as his current and potential abilities.  He's doing better this year than I thought but IMO he should have been doing this well in his rookie season because he's really not doing anything special, he is just basically playing "big".  As the saying goes: "you can't teach big".
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2008, 12:20:07 PM »
The kid came in at 17 years old.  Give him a break, WOW.

Bynum has done some things this year that make me wonder if Jim Buss is streaking around the Laker FO and Kobe's House screaming "I Told Ya So!!" while laughing maniacly.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2008, 12:42:14 PM »
Skandery,
Seeing his idol Kome being not so gradually overtaken by 19 year old Byns can be traumatic on an old Laker fogie.
Give him a break.

Next up in Lakerland:
Byns saying trade me or give me a roster with guy who doesn't hog the ball. :D

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2008, 01:27:04 PM »
Skandery,
Seeing his idol Kome being not so gradually overtaken by 19 year old Byns can be traumatic on an old Laker fogie.
Give him a break.

Man does your reading comprehension suck or what!  My issue with Bynum is that he's moving too slow, he should have been this good as a rook.  Do I need to use a crayon font?  Should I bandwagon it down for you?  I got ZERO offers on the bridge, I guess nobody believed you "knew". 

Where is the Spurs vs Nuggets thread?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2008, 01:29:28 PM »
Skandery,
Give him a break.

Next up in Lakerland:
Byns saying trade me or give me a roster with guy who doesn't hog the ball. :D

Next up at Phillyarena.net:

You actually knowing what you are talking about :D  If you even bothered to watch the Lakers half as much as you feel the need to chime in with them you would understand Bynum scores about 70% of his points on lobs from Kobe and Derek Fisher mainly.  The reason being is Kobe commands a lot of attention....but you haven't taken my Basketball 101 class yet so Ill save the explanation for when school starts.

While W.O.W and I have disagreed about Bynum in the past, clearly he's not Brendan Haywood, his conditioning really held him back.  The fact he was younger did play a part in that.  Contrary to what people believe just because you are younger then most NBA players doesn't mean you are ready for the kind of physical requirements it takes to play at this level.  The reason he has improved so much is one part experience and two parts actually being in shape.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 01:39:05 PM by westkoast »

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2008, 01:42:31 PM »
The reason he has improved so much is one part experience and two parts actually being in shape.

Eminently believable.  I remembering watching the draft when the Lakers chose Bynum at #10.  They always show those highlight clips and they had some of Bynum at the McDonald's All-America Game.  I thought he was plain fat and out of shape.  Half-heartedly meeting the penetrator and lumbering up and down the court.  I was impressed he looked as good he did to start his rookie year but he still seemed out of shape to me.  I think conditioning has played a big role in his improvement.   
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2008, 02:00:47 PM »
The reason he has improved so much is one part experience and two parts actually being in shape.

I was impressed he looked as good he did to start his rookie year but he still seemed out of shape to me.  I think conditioning has played a big role in his improvement.   
Which means next year and the year(s) after.  He could well place himself in Top 20 and then Top 10 status if he keeps up the conditioning and learning routine.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2008, 02:13:56 PM »

I was impressed he looked as good he did to start his rookie year but he still seemed out of shape to me.  I think conditioning has played a big role in his improvement.   
Which means next year and the year(s) after.  He could well place himself in Top 20 and then Top 10 status if he keeps up the conditioning and learning routine.

I am not letting you jump on the Bynum bandwagon after trying to compare him to Flabs. 

Besides we all know the only reason you want to root for him is to somehow morph it into a Kobe bashing angle.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2008, 02:18:16 PM »

I am not letting you jump on the Bynum bandwagon after trying to compare him to Flabs. 

Besides we all know the only reason you want to root for him is to somehow morph it into a Kobe bashing angle.
You're not "letting me"?  I'll have another Mocha, B-Rad.
This thread was on the last game between L.A. and Spurs.  Fabs won that battle, period.
You and Skirty McWowster want to change the talk to Byns career vs Fabs, fine.

meanwhile you two have completely skirted off the Celts-Lakers game thread.  Real word keepers. :D

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2008, 02:23:51 PM »

You're not "letting me"?  I'll have another Mocha, B-Rad.
This thread was on the last game between L.A. and Spurs.  Fabs won that battle, period.

meanwhile you two have completely skirted off the Celts-Lakers game thread.  Real word keepers. :D

Yea you read that right.  I am not letting you.  Clearly you are comparing Bynum to an average basketball player.   If you want to give Fabs the win for flopping, something you've talked so harshly against, it is only going to make you look even more silly then you already have.  That's fine by me.  However you are not jumping on the Bynum bandwagon.  You already have to steer the Spurs bandwagon.

We didn't skirt off.  We ignored you because 1) you kept dancing around the 3rd quarter after being called out on it over and over to the point where we stopped bothing to go into the thread and 2) are you really calling anyone out for skirting when youve ignored several attempts about the Nuggets/ Spurs game?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2008, 05:12:06 PM »

rt or dabods, do either of you have still shots of Derek Fisher setting his hand on A.I.s face, leaving it there as the ref watched 5 feet away?  Finals.

This from the guy who wanted to go back 5 years to discuss the Celtics/Lakers game last month!

LOL!  Reality is OWNED!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"