Author Topic: 10 straight by he NBA's youngest team  (Read 1259 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
10 straight by he NBA's youngest team
« on: December 22, 2007, 12:14:08 PM »
We are the youngest team in the league, and Oden is out all year, and and yet we are the 8th seed right now and only 1/2 game out of the lead in the NW division, have won 10 in a row, and lead the season series against Denver and Utah.  Brandon Roy has won Player of the week 2 weeks in a row, Travis Outlaw, Martell Webster, and LaMarcus Aldridge are improving all the time.  Life is definitely looking up for long suffering Blazer fans.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 10 straight by he NBA's youngest team
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 12:17:22 PM »
Mad props!  Have to give them to you and your squad.  I haven't been able to see them play yet this year but who would have thought?!  I mean I expected them to do well once Oden got back but now?  Looks like that trade to grab LeMarcus was a big time sleeper.

Brandon Roy I have payed attention to cuz hes been killing it in fantasy for Mr. Wolverine's Gunners.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 12:54:18 PM »
You guys absolutely robbed chicago last year.  That's how you rebuild a team, by making solid selections in the draft.  Not only is roy, aldridge and oden a tremendous talent base, but Aldridge is a PERFECT fit next to oden when he does come back with that jumpshot and athleticism.  Roy and aldridge are very good compliments.  I can't wait to see them next year.

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 08:01:59 PM »
You guys absolutely robbed chicago last year.  That's how you rebuild a team, by making solid selections in the draft.  Not only is roy, aldridge and oden a tremendous talent base, but Aldridge is a PERFECT fit next to oden when he does come back with that jumpshot and athleticism.  Roy and aldridge are very good compliments.  I can't wait to see them next year.

I couldn't understand Chicago's rational in drafting Aldridge and then trading him for Thomas and Khryapa.  It cost them more money, and they don't play Khryapa.  If they wanted Thomas, why not just draft him, and save some money.  I was never sold on Thomas, and he is still young, but I thought he was a major head case.  That actually reminds me of the Blazers when they traded the 3rd pick to Utah for the 6th and 27th.  You just don't pass on a potential star for an unproven shooter, even if you get another pick in the process.  Martell will turn out to be ok, maybe a little better, but he isn't Chris Paul.
The fleecing of Danny Ainge was pretty good as well; Telfair, Ratliff for Roy and LaFrentz.  The deal with NY/Phx is also turning out pretty good as well.  Zach and $3 million for James Jones, Channing Frye, and Rudy Fernandez.  Frye has been inconsistent, but I think he will be OK, James Jones has played very well in his role, and I like what I have seen of Fernandez.  Zach leaving was a the right move for us.  He has been a severe bust in NY (no surprise there).
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 05:42:03 PM »
The ball is still rollling and the balance of the team is pretty impressive.  This team looks like it's going to be tough when Oden gets into his groove.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com