Author Topic: Kobe Bryant to undergo surgery!  (Read 833 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Kobe Bryant to undergo surgery!
« on: January 01, 2008, 08:52:50 PM »

Kobe Bryant to have arrogance surgically removed

By The Sportsman's Daily Special to CBSSports.com Dec. 31, 2007

LOS ANGELES, Calif. (Sportsman's Daily Wire Service) -- At the request of teammates and handlers, Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant has opted to undergo a controversial and potentially career-threatening operation which will remove his arrogance.

"This is going to be delicate," said Dr. Matthew Grant, chief surgeon at Cedars Sinai. "We're concerned that even under anesthesia, Mr. Bryant's arrogance can effectively alienate the surgical unit. This of course could lead us to dealing with everything from apathy to in-fighting to an incessant onslaught of hopelessness. However, we're very seriously entertaining the notion of having three members of the selfless, 'team-first' oriented San Antonio Spurs, and a circus clown present while the operation is under way -- just in case some of us get 'too bummed out.'"

"I just pray as we're wheeling him into the O.R. I don't catch a glimpse of that condescending combination 'nose in the air-superior smirk' thing he does after faking a defender out of his shoes en route to his forty-third shot of the evening," said surgical nurse Tara Benson. "If you've seen the look, and I know you have, I think you know how chilling it can be."

Bryant, who as recently as last month said he'd never go forward with the procedure, surprisingly hinted he's been considering it.

"I'm getting older," said Bryant. "I'm still brilliant, highly marketable and have my best years ahead of me. I also happen to be the center of the basketball universe and speak fluent Italian which works wonders in restaurants and at foreign film festivals. But always having to remind people of that is starting to get a bit taxing. Even I have to admit, when everyone and his brother is trying to get a quote from you because you just dropped sixty, constantly referring to yourself in the third person gets confusing. So maybe this little operation will eliminate that. You know -- so Kobe can just focus on Kobe."

Bryant does run the risk of hampering his Hall of Fame career.

"He'll still possess all the physical attributes he had going into the operation," said Grant. "He'll suffer zero physical side effects, but it's the emotional side we'll have to watch. Typically when arrogance is removed, the patient does tend get a bit dull. Dullness in itself isn't too dangerous to let's say ? the overly cocky radio host for example, who in his newfound dullness can always get steady work at NPR. However, in the hands of a formerly self-important, but still highly skilled, baller like Mr. Bryant, dullness can translate into post game quotes rife with clich?s, a loss of endorsements and, God forbid, simple open court layups."

For more stories like this, check out The Sportsman's Daily homepage.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Kobe Bryant to undergo surgery!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 08:56:18 PM »
They are about 15 games too late with that story.  This MIGHT have been funny preseason when all the bickering was going on.  Typical day late and a dollar short from Reality.  Hope for Kobe's sake that Manuella is a better NURSE than a defender.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 10:40:56 PM »
 :D

The pic alone made this post worthwhile.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 03:13:13 PM »
Thank you jn.
As to Kobes progress, WoW, westkoast, Laker Fan Dan, Randy and others have kept a candlelight vigil outside of Kobes room in the hospital.  He is just now today taking visitors, and patient is said to be doing well. :D

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 05:14:43 PM »
Just noticed Manuella's screwed up eyes, no wonder he can't defend nor judge the distance for a block on Nowitski going for the game/series winning dunk.  Can't blame the cockeyed fish Manuella for blowing that one.  Poor widdle guy...
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"