Author Topic: If there was a 3 v 3 pick up game would you take Duncan/Parker/Manu or...  (Read 2035 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: If there was a 3 v 3 pick up game would you take Duncan/Parker/Manu or...
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 01:38:20 PM »
Ginobili has this "refuse to lose" attitude that I have never seen Pierce exhibit.

Ray Allen is in the same catagory as PP when it comes to "refuse to lose", the only thing they refuse to lose is their plane serervations to the Bahamas just before the NBA playoffs start.

Still, I'm not sure who I would pick in a play ground game.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: If there was a 3 v 3 pick up game would you take Duncan/Parker/Manu or...
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 03:06:39 PM »
It is more difficult to get an open perimeter shot in a 3 on 3 game.  Same thing for getting an open jumpshot...there isn't the 2 extra players to set screens or rotate the ball.  So KG holds the ball at the top of the key and PP sets a screen for Allen so he can get an open look? 

And I have no problem with KG taking 12-15 foot jumpshots.  Especially if the Spurs are getting layups and dominating the glass.

And Rick...I just finally stopped laughing over this comment:
Manu is a better shooter than Pierce is, but going one on one, Pierce has the advantage, he is a better rebounder and a better passer.

Let's see...37.8 minutes vs 28.7 minutes.  PP: 5.6 reb, 4.8 assts  Manu: 4.7 reb, 4.3 assts  So in 9 extra minutes on the court Pierce grabs 1 extra rebound and has .5 extra assists.  WOW!!!!!  He really must be
head and shoulders above Manu.  BTW have you ever watched the Argentina national team play?  Ginobili has this "refuse to lose" attitude that I have never seen Pierce exhibit.

Now if you want to change the game to H-O-R-S-E then I vote for the Celtics.

That is part of the point I was trying to make which is he won't get the same type of shots on a 3 on 3 as he would in a regular game.  A 3 point shot regardless does not stay down as much as a layup.   Tony Parker has a better shot at disrupting Ray Allen's shot then Ray Allen does staying in front of Parker.  KG would have to come over 90% of the time.  I don't think the same can be said in reverse.  Parker and Manu are better defenders then Pierce and Allen.  Always have been.  Always will.

Paul Pierce and Ray Allen do not have that 'Refuse to lose' mentality.  I've seen them both quit in games a number of times.  Especially the last 2 seasons for both of them.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com