Author Topic: Boston Celtics tests  (Read 3140 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Boston Celtics tests
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 07:17:07 PM »
well, if i'm the coach i'd probably play them 40 minutes a game now too.

hey, we're 6 games into the season, you REALLY believe they learned all playbook wrinkles yet, fully understand how to take advantage of each others skills? No way. These are great guys and you can see where their instincts can already lead them, but to know "blindly" where your teammate is going needs time ... and reproduction, over and over.

One season might not be enough, but it's sure a great thing to learn early on against lesser competition.

We all know ... or assume, since Doc is considered a crappy coach ... Doc will continue having them log heavy minutes, but the jury's out on that. IMHO he's not at fault doing it now ...

I think he is only considered a weak coach here...he did win Coach of the Year a few years back.

Do I think they learned all the playbook wrinkles yet? Yea.  I think the playbook at this point is one page and reads "Just do what you 3 do"    Has anyone seen them run set plays other then pick and roll or the Spurs special?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 07:19:55 PM »
Sounds like Stephon Marbury may become available soon, after the Knicks buy him out, so they can sign him and give him big minutes ;D.

On a more metaphysical level, is 40 minutes in the Eastern Conference, equal to 32 minutes in the West?
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2007, 09:17:32 AM »
Sounds like Stephon Marbury may become available soon . . .

I'll keep Rajon, thanks.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."