0 (0%)
Phx vs Bulls
0 (0%)
Kobe vs Buss
0 (0%)
other
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: 2008 NBA Champions  (Read 2013 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
2008 NBA Champions
« on: November 15, 2007, 11:17:06 AM »
Once again the West Conf will be the true Finals as the East gets to swish thru their bracketing.

I'll go with the obvious favorites.  As usual we don't know who does or does not get injured.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 11:18:39 AM by Reality »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: 2008 NBA Champions
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 11:54:36 AM »
The key factor in the West is if the Suns get robbed again.  If the Suns don't get robbed by the refs than I would say the Suns vs Celtics.  This could be Nash's last horrah, he should have gotten a ring last year but the suspensions ruined that run.

Suns in 6 over Boston.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 12:10:51 PM »
Have you thought about frequenting some Suns boards where you can get some sympathy?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 12:32:35 PM »
Have you thought about frequenting some Suns boards where you can get some sympathy?

I'm not looking for sympathy since I'm not a Suns fans, in fact I'm somewhat of a Suns hater but that doesn't change my opinion of their chances last year.  They should have won that series and IMO would have won it had it not been for those suspensions.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 12:37:44 PM »

And take a page out of your book by jumping ship to a team that is good every few years?    Do you still have your account to the Miami Heat board when you were a fan of them? lol

Back to the topic...Clearly the Spurs are still handling teams left and right.  I still don't see a team that can fully challenge them yet.  It is almost as if the season never stopped for a few months and they are playing the kind of ball they did in the playoffs.   Since it is wayyy too early to make this thread and I've always said the championship road still runs through the city of the last team who held the trophy, ill say SA.  Picking champs 8 games is silly.  An injury to any key player on the favored teams would shoot them down the ladder real fast.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 12:40:02 PM »
Okay, well besides concedeing that the NBAs rules rep and their own coaches did indeed in person forewarn the players prior to the playoffs, the Suns in turn post playoffs elected to ask for no changes to the rule that you cannot get up off the bench in an altercation.

So moving forward you've got the Suns in '08.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvJaOvF1AKA

Offline atom2030

• AOL Instant Messenger - atom2030
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tomp22000
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 04:12:59 PM »
can't see the spurs NOT go there again. They toy with the competition and only losing interest should keep them from returning (not that i'm too happy about it)

i can't believe the Celtics have what it takes. unless the role players take quantum leaps this season we're looking at a team with 3 superstars ... and more holes than Thabo's lunch cheese. Good opponents will figure that out and stop one or two of the three. So that leaves the Pistons and ... and ... and ... ok, forget it. The East has gotten so rotten weak that cindarella teams like the Magic, Hornets or Bobcats could make a trip to the CF.

Cavs? Puh-leaze, this is a one-man cirucus. Bulls? Haha, glad if they make the playoffs at all. Nets? Heat?? Raptors??? HAWKS???? ok, lets get serious, there are about 10 teams that could entertain the Spurs for game 3 and 4 to complete the finals, and I can't even see one that could win more than one finals game.

Ugly, plain ugly ...
===============================
Felix Skydivers '13
In honor of Felix Baumgartners adventures
... and not just because he's Austrian too

xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
xxx-xxx