Author Topic: Jacoby Ellsbury plus considerations for Johan Santana  (Read 894 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Jacoby Ellsbury plus considerations for Johan Santana
« on: November 19, 2007, 05:00:12 PM »
I had heard something Saturday during our local celebration for Jacoby about this deal being discussed, and I heard it again on XM radio today.  If the Bo Sox can sign Santana long term (starting 2009), they will have Schilling and Manny coming off contracts, allowing them to pay Santana and also sign a FA hitter to replace Manny.

This kind of deal is not without precedent in Boston, considering the Hanley Ramirez for Beckett deal.  Makes sense for Minny, as they will be losing Hunter, and are struggling to resign Santana.  Bo Sox would probably have to include Bucholtz to entice the Twins.

If the deal goes through, JN we need to do a Twins game sometime.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Jacoby Ellsbury plus considerations for Johan Santana
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 10:45:25 PM »
Shows why it's always good to Title when you can.  Who knows if ELs will ever get another shot.

Much as I'd love to see him stay on the Sox, they cannot turn down Santana for years can they?