Author Topic: Bulls trade never had a shot, now it's Arenas and Jamison for Kobe  (Read 1666 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
No real chance here, just trying to figure out where the rumors get started that end up on ESPN.  I'm wondering if any sports writers visit this board.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bulls trade never had a shot, now it's Arenas and Jamison for Kobe
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 04:22:39 PM »
Butler and Arenas for Kobe works. 

Jamison and Arenas for Kobe doesn't work.

Jamison and Arenas for Kobe and Kwame does work, though that has about a zero % chance of happening.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 04:25:51 PM »

Jamison and Arenas for Kobe and Kwame does work, though that has about a zero % chance of happening.

NOW I totally expect this to hit the AP this afternoon and be reported by ESPN and TNT this evening.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 05:06:32 PM »

NOW I totally expect this to hit the AP this afternoon and be reported by ESPN and TNT this evening.

I am, quite sure the one that doesn't work will be the one all over ESPN and Hoopshype.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 10:37:45 AM »
Arenas and Jamison doesnt work.  Kobe is not going to send Caron Butler back to LA as they are really good friends and Caron loves DC so that one doesn't work either.

Arenas already shot down the trade rumor on his blog last week by saying if people want to see him in LA they should buy NBA 08 for PS3 and fantasy draft him onto the team.  He said it would be silly for any team to try to trade for him when he is going to opt out next year no matter what (for max money of course)  The Lakers could offer him an extension but he wouldn't get the kind of money he wants or deserves.

btw...yesterday an exact story was posted about this on MSNBC...Saw the headline yesterday lol
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 10:51:17 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 08:00:59 PM »
He said it would be silly for any team to try to trade for him when he is going to opt out next year no matter what (for max money of course).

You're going to have to post this 101 times for SOME people to understand.  Arenas is the same as Rasheed Wallace right?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 09:07:55 PM »
He said it would be silly for any team to try to trade for him when he is going to opt out next year no matter what (for max money of course).

You're going to have to post this 101 times for SOME people to understand.  Arenas is the same as Rasheed Wallace right?
No.  The people who are into .500 dynasties and their Supreme Leader should get it right away.
Max Mecontract 1st and foremost, team titles not in the picture.

But as for engaging them in Title talk, like Sheed did with Detroit and afterwords reupped with Det for another Finals appearance, ya they won't get it.
Did you say you do know who the team titled against in 2004 was?  Guess it was "silly" for Sheed to sign with Det midseason. :D

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 09:29:53 PM »
Arenas and Jamison doesnt work.  Kobe is not going to send Caron Butler back to LA as they are really good friends and Caron loves DC so that one doesn't work either.

Arenas already shot down the trade rumor on his blog last week by saying if people want to see him in LA they should buy NBA 08 for PS3 and fantasy draft him onto the team.  He said it would be silly for any team to try to trade for him when he is going to opt out next year no matter what (for max money of course)  The Lakers could offer him an extension but he wouldn't get the kind of money he wants or deserves.

btw...yesterday an exact story was posted about this on MSNBC...Saw the headline yesterday lol

He said it would be silly for any team to try to trade for him when he is going to opt out next year no matter what (for max money of course)

100 to go.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 10:12:01 PM »
Haha.  Who knows how many more to get you up to Title Talk speed.
But i shall never give up on you koasters.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 10:54:57 PM »

He said it would be silly for any team to try to trade for him when he is going to opt out next year no matter what (for max money of course)

100 to go.

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 11:04:19 PM »
If Kobes teams win 98 games, how many games does that mean they will lose?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 01:03:30 AM »

I have no idea what this has to do with players being able to opt out of contracts and not be able to be controlled by any single franchise....so I'll let Kobe say it for me

See even when I post random animated gifs they still stay on topic as Kobe and Gilbert are 'kickin it live' take notes Reality.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2007, 02:54:06 AM »

I have no idea what this has to do with players being able to opt out of contracts and not be able to be controlled by any single franchise....so I'll let Kobe say it for me

See even when I post random animated gifs they still stay on topic as Kobe and Gilbert are 'kickin it live' take notes Reality.

Take notes wk, if you lose an argument then spin off into the wild blue younder!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"