Author Topic: Kings Player At Center Of Sex Assault Investigation  (Read 794 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Kings Player At Center Of Sex Assault Investigation
« on: October 18, 2007, 01:24:31 PM »
http://www.kcra.com/news/14367344/detail.html

Kings Player At Center Of Sex Assault Investigation
Police Say No Arrests Made Yet

POSTED: 5:56 am PDT October 18, 2007
UPDATED: 11:07 am PDT October 18, 2007

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Sacramento Kings backup forward Justin Williams has been named as a suspect in the investigation of an alleged sex assault that police say may have taken place at the player's Sacramento home.

Sgt. Matt Young, spokesman for the department, said Thursday that the alleged victim told investigators the attack took place early Friday.

Young added that Williams has been cooperative.

"He is a suspect in this investigation," Young said.

Officials said they found some evidence Wednesday while carrying out a search of Williams' home, but they did not say what they found. Williams has yet to face any charges.

The alleged victim was described a woman in her 20s who has known Williams for some time.

Young added that there was one other person present during the alleged attack, but that person's name was not released.

Young said police became aware of the allegations on Friday after the alleged victim went to a local hospital.

Williams, 23, is a center and power forward. The Kings picked him up last season as an undrafted rookie free agent out of the University of Wyoming.

Williams, who stands 6 feet 10 inches, played in just 26 games last season. Heading into his second season, he is playing under a nonguaranteed contract.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kings Player At Center Of Sex Assault Investigation
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 07:34:45 PM »
Only punks and mental cases in Kings jerseys.  If only this team was more popular we could bring it up more often.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com