Author Topic: Eagles/McNabb scouting report -NFL  (Read 662 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Eagles/McNabb scouting report -NFL
« on: October 10, 2007, 01:18:12 PM »
rt and bods is this true and if so are McNabb and the Eagles done for 2007?
Should the backup QB play if the Jets throttle them on Sunday?
Do you wish Jeff Garcia was starting for the Eagles?

It became obvious from the Eagles' opening drive that the Giants were going to bring pressure and attack Donovan McNabb, particularly up the middle. They stunted their best pass rushers inside to get to McNabb. They blitzed MLB Antonio Pierce up the gut. They stood up Mathias Kiwanuka and Osi Umenyiora on passing downs with presnap movement and shot them through the A or B gaps. Generally, the Giants' ability to get to the quarterback comes off the edges, but they made McNabb move his feet to avoid pressure and test his healing knee, while still often generating exceptional pressure off the edge. When flushed, McNabb did not show the quickness or ability to escape that he had previous to the injury. Also, without Brian Westbrook in the lineup, the Eagles were not able to exploit the fierce rush with effective screens or explosive edge runs. Meanwhile, the cornerbacks played physically at the line of scrimmage and the Eagles' wide receivers couldn't get off the jams, destroying the timing of routes.
-- Matt Williamson, Scouts Inc.

'Boys vs Pats.
I pick BeliCheat.

Chargers hosting Raiders for 1st in the Mild mild West.
I think they will overcome Norv, barely.  Chargers win.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Eagles/McNabb scouting report -NFL
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 06:57:34 PM »
It's true enough.  I'm not sure if the Eagles are done or not, but they've certainly lost their swagger and are no longer the division favorites.

I never liked Andy Reid as a head coach, he's excellent with selecting players, but his game day decisions are pathetic.

The Eagles o-line had injuries this past week, and without Westbrook to keep the Giants D honest, they had no shot.  McNabb is fine, but no quarterback could be expected to perform when the defense is blitzing and guys are getting shots at him on every play.

The Eagles don't have any skilled players at the wide-out spot, and their tight ends have been injured.  It's very tough to see the Eagles getting into the playoffs depending on McNabb and Westbrook without anyone else stepping up.  The Defense doesn't appear to be quite so solid either, but that's a function of the offense not being able to hold onto the ball.