Author Topic: Jocketty out as Cards' GM  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
Jocketty out as Cards' GM
« on: October 03, 2007, 03:53:17 PM »
Not surprising, but I don't like the move.  Signals a shift toward player development rather than a "Win Now!" attitude.

La Russa is gone.  Don't kid yourself.  He's done.  Duncan, as well.  All three - Jocketty, La Russa, Duncan - could end up in Seattle (which is likely, in my opinion, since La Russa lives on the west coast) or Cincinnati.

My hope is that this makes Jose Oquendo the prime choice to replace TLR.  I suspect he'll become the top candidate, especially since he turned down the Padres job last year to remain in St. Louis.

John Mozeliak named interim GM.  Sources say he's a candidate to replace Jocketty on a full-time basis.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Jocketty out as Cards' GM
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 03:57:30 PM »
My hope is that this makes Jose Oquendo the prime choice to replace TLR.  I suspect he'll become the top candidate, especially since he turned down the Padres job last year to remain in St. Louis.
:'( :'( whats the goods on Jose Oquendo?

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Jocketty out as Cards' GM
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 03:16:01 PM »
:'( :'( whats the goods on Jose Oquendo?

Terrific baseball mind.  Played every position for the Cards back in the '80s.  Nicknamed "the Secret Weapon."  Someone who I believe would be an excellent teacher.

Managed Puerto Rico in the World Baseball Classic last year.  Withdrew his name from consideration for the Padres job - after interviewing - so he could remain with St. Louis.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41