Author Topic: Kirilenko wants out of Utah  (Read 2285 times)

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Kirilenko wants out of Utah
« on: September 21, 2007, 04:26:43 PM »
Folks,

Kirilenko wants out of Utah.  Here's my trade proposition to make it happen:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1006~2442~434~510&teams=26~21~21~17&te=&cash=

I'm not sure how the trade exception for McInnis that New Jersey has works...I wanted to use that in the deal instead of Robinson.

What do you think?

I like this one.  New Jersey gets the big forward it needs in Marion, and deals away Jefferson.  Jefferson fits Utah's need of a person at the 3 who can guard folks on the perimeter.  And Phoenix gets Kirilenko, who can thrive at power forward in their run and gun system.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kirilenko wants out of Utah
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 06:25:30 PM »
Storytellers site has the best data on trade exceptions
http://www.storytellerscontracts.info/resources/07-08teamsalaries.htm

According to this NJ has a trade exception of $3.6 million that expires 1/3/08.  So it could be included in the deal any time before then.

Actually Joe I think this is a very good deal all the way around.  Marion would be a great fit in NJ, imporve their rebounding and D greatly.  AK47 would be a great fit in Phx, as he is a good defender to replace their best defender, as well as a solid rebounder.  RJeff would be better than AK in Utah because he be a better compliment to Boozer, and has learned to accept a secondary role already.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 08:43:51 PM »
If I'm Phoenix there's no way I do this deal.  I see no advantage in having Kirilenko instead of Marion.  Marion fits so well with the Suns style, and is highly effective on that team.  Anywhere else, he would not be as efficient a player, since he depends on good ball distribution and an open floor in which to operate.

What could Kirilenko do for the Suns that would make them want to give up Marion?  Would they be a better defensive team?  I think not.  A better offensive team?  Not that I can see.

It's not the Suns problem that Kirilenko isn't happy in Utah.  And Marion wouldn't be happy in NJ either.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 08:56:41 PM »
If I'm Phoenix there's no way I do this deal.  I see no advantage in having Kirilenko instead of Marion.  Marion fits so well with the Suns style, and is highly effective on that team.  Anywhere else, he would not be as efficient a player, since he depends on good ball distribution and an open floor in which to operate.

What could Kirilenko do for the Suns that would make them want to give up Marion?  Would they be a better defensive team?  I think not.  A better offensive team?  Not that I can see.

It's not the Suns problem that Kirilenko isn't happy in Utah.  And Marion wouldn't be happy in NJ either.

Are you saying that Marion is as good a defender as AK?  I really haven't seen much of AK but I remember him being a solid defender.  The Suns are so much about offense that you rarely think of anything else.  I don't know if the Matrix is much of a defender, all I've ever seen is Odom abusing him.  Matrix is quick and has long arms so he could be a good defender against the average 3, just don't think of defense when I think of Matrix.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 10:58:58 PM »
Kirilenko's twice the defender Marion is.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 07:49:24 AM »
Would Utah be better served taking up his offer to bail for no charge?
Will the NLBPA let AK do that?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 01:20:09 PM »

I see every advantage of having AK over Marion.  First and foremost is his defense which the PHX Suns so severely lack.  Especially in the middle if Amare is in foul trouble or not 100% that night.  Having them both on the court at the same time could really put a hurting on another teams want to get into the middle for layups.  Second, AK can score at a decent rate without having beautiful passes from Nash.  Nash will feed AK with enough perfect passes that lead to easy layups to keep him happy because he will be scoring more points (like he has wanted).  The only problem I see is with there fast run and gun style it could really put AK in a bad position as he is a bit injury prone. 

Marion could also have fun in NJ as long as Jason Kidd is there.  Basically Marion would score how he is accustom to now.  Kidd can run the break and Marion can jump high, deal done lol

Not sure if I think Richard Jefferson can bring things to the table that offsets what is leaving with AK though.  I guess a positive attitude is a good start.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 08:03:03 AM »
This sure won't help AK change his mind about Utah...

"I don't see anybody walking away from $60 million," said Williams. He was on a radio airing out his team's dirty laundry as only a young, inexperienced (and self-obsessed) player would do. He talked about how he didn't think Kirilenko worked hard enough, and admitted to ignoring him when looking for a teammate out on the court.

"He's coming off a screen on one side, and Matt Harpring's coming off a screen on one side, who do you think you're gonna pass to? You think you're gonna pass to the guy you see working every day in the gym? Or you gonna pass to the guy who never works on his shot but wants to shoot ..."

That explains the sudden drop off in Kirilenko's numbers last season. A guy who has averaged better than 15 points per game for most of his career suddenly manages just 8.3 points despite being one of the hardest working defenders in the league and one of the most efficient on the offensive end? Sure, the return of Carlos Boozer took away from Kirilenko's shots, but hearing your point guard admit he wasn't looking for you? That's sure to inspire Utah's best defender to come back and help his team challenge for a championship next season.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 09:48:18 AM »
This sure won't help AK change his mind about Utah...

"I don't see anybody walking away from $60 million," said Williams. He was on a radio airing out his team's dirty laundry as only a young, inexperienced (and self-obsessed) player would do. He talked about how he didn't think Kirilenko worked hard enough, and admitted to ignoring him when looking for a teammate out on the court.

"He's coming off a screen on one side, and Matt Harpring's coming off a screen on one side, who do you think you're gonna pass to? You think you're gonna pass to the guy you see working every day in the gym? Or you gonna pass to the guy who never works on his shot but wants to shoot ..."

That explains the sudden drop off in Kirilenko's numbers last season. A guy who has averaged better than 15 points per game for most of his career suddenly manages just 8.3 points despite being one of the hardest working defenders in the league and one of the most efficient on the offensive end? Sure, the return of Carlos Boozer took away from Kirilenko's shots, but hearing your point guard admit he wasn't looking for you? That's sure to inspire Utah's best defender to come back and help his team challenge for a championship next season.

Williams really should have just kept his trap shut.  I mean he is only making AK look better by pretty much saying they iced him out and made him an after thought.

As far as not working hard...when AK was 100% he seems to be one of the more harder working guys on the floor.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 10:13:30 AM »
Ted what do you think of all this.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2007, 06:43:23 PM »
Think of what? It is not happening. This is a dream.

There's no way my long-time favorite player could be thinking of leaving us. There's no way my up an coming point guard of the future could be this egotistical and stupid without having accomplished anything really significant yet in his career.

See, this is how it's all going to go down. Next, Carlos Boozer is going to demand a trade to a big-market town to further his dreams of world domination. Then Matt Harpring will drop dead during one of his back-breaking workout sessions and I will finally wake up in a cold sweat.

Because, you see . . . this is all a dream.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007, 08:05:24 PM »
BTW...isn't the correct answer to who do you pass to off of a screen  "Whoever has the higher % shot"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 12:47:19 AM »
There's no way my long-time favorite player could be thinking of leaving us. There's no way my up an coming point guard of the future could be this egotistical and stupid without having accomplished anything really significant yet in his career.

Amazing, this is almost EXACTLY how I feel.  With Kirilenko being my favorite player and the biggest reason Utah is my favorite team.

You know what though, I kind of feel for Andrei.  I know I shouldn't, I know that I should just think, "quit your whining you big baby, you just had a winning season and went to the WCF.  So what the team revolves around Boozer-Williams-Okur, suck it up and know your role."  I know that's what makes sense and were it any other player in the NBA, I'd probably think just that, but I don't. 

I remember him at his best: seemingly 4 places at once, jumping in passing lanes, harassing perimeter players, blocking everything in sight, flying like a gazelle for dunks.  I think Utah is at its best when Kirilenko plays like that and I know the only way Kirilenko plays that way is when he's not ignored by the offense.  Why do limited offensive touches dishearten defensive studs?  I read about how he's darn near unstoppable, dominating both sides of the court in leading an outmatched Russian team to the European championships beating perenial powerhouses Spain, Serbia, Lithuania, Italy, Greece, and France.  I can understand where he comes from when he feels constricted and imprisoned by Sloan's methodical and repetitive two-man attack.  Depressed as he is repeatedly ignored to give Okur and Giricek and Harpring and Fisher more looks. 

He's being selfish, immature, and cancerous to the locker room but I STILL empathize with how he must feel.  Demanding a trade, say it ain't so AK-47?       
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."