Author Topic: OT: A different Fantasy Basketball  (Read 1100 times)

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
OT: A different Fantasy Basketball
« on: September 06, 2007, 12:38:57 PM »
Hey guys,
I've been playing this role playing type fantasy basketball game some of you may be interested in.
http://www.cyberdunk.com/?ref=36783

Basically, you create your own personal player (any position you want).  The goal is then to build up your attributes (13 different attributes, Floor Shooting, inside shooting, 3pt shooting, dribbling, passing, stealing, rebounding, blocking, strength, speed, jumping, confidence, stamina).  How good your attributes are dictate how well you play.

There's actual a fair amount of depth for something that just started.  To improve you hire trainers.  Trainers cost money, and improve specific attributes (the cost, # of attributes it improves, and amount of time it takes to finish the training varies depending on the trainer and how good he is).  In order to gain money you get a contract from the team that signs you, and bonuses (bonuses for each win, for scoring the most points in a season, etc).  You can also bet on other games in the league to increase your money.

outside of training, you can use your $ to buy "merchandise), which also gets added to your attributes.  You can also enter into 1-1 tournaments, and set your tactics (i.e., if I'm a PF, I can be a face-up pf, a jumpshooting pf, or a post-up pf.  You can also specify your willingness to pass, and even to witch teammates you have the best chance of passing to.   The better your player gets, the more desirable he becomes to other teams, who can buy out your contract.  The more desirable you are, the better league you'll play in, and the better contract you'll get.  There are hundreds of leagues, I'm currently the 20th best player in the China 4th league.

Give it a shot.  There's only so much to do at this time of the year.  It takes me maybe 2-5 minutes per day, once per day.  If you don't like it, there's even a button that'll let you retire.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 12:46:57 PM by Derek Bodner »