Author Topic: The Simpsons Movie (after you've seen it)  (Read 2627 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Simpsons Movie (after you've seen it)
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 12:32:58 PM »
I haven't yet, wk, maybe this weekend....if Wolvie drags me or something.  Is it worth plunkin' down the $5.50 - 7.00?  
In our opinions, no.
However time, schedules and $$ are relative.
But I wouldn't want to see The Simpsons get another $5.50-7 out of anyone.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2007, 12:37:45 PM »
Saw it on Sunday.   Loved it.  Granted, I'm a Simpsons junkie but I would say it's worth seeing for anyone who is a fan. 
There you have it. :D   Just as i was posting you had already hit send.
JN how can you compare this to seasons 1-9?

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2007, 12:52:16 PM »
I could but it would require me to give away half the movie.  ;)
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2007, 03:55:38 PM »
I haven't yet, wk, maybe this weekend....if Wolvie drags me or something.  Is it worth plunkin' down the $5.50 - 7.00?

If you ask Reality, myself, and WOW...no.  Most people I've spoke with said they didn't like it.  A few deemed it 'classic'  So I am going to say try it out if you guys can't find something better to do.  The movie seemed to get by (to me) on the fact that you will always laugh at a stupid blurp from Ralph or a zigazoink whats-ya-ma-call-it PRETTY LADY reference from the scientist.   Kind of living on past accomplishments of years past...like the Lakers! (Yes I got it in! woohoo)

WOW brought up something that I think Reality and I echo looking back which is the fact that after the first part of the movie there was no all together laughter from the audience.  Nor was there any really gut wrenching bits that left you laughing past a simple 'haha' or smirk.  Spider Pig being the only part where I remember everyone in the audience laughing some what hard all together.

The movie is not down right horrible but a big let down for someone like myself who was GASSED to go see it.  I think it would be a good dvd rental when it comes out but not quite worth the 7.50 unless you really enjoy going out to the movies.  No reason to have to see it on a big screen as it will look exactly the same on even the oldest TV.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com