Author Topic: Sports Illustrated ranks the GMs  (Read 3555 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sports Illustrated ranks the GMs
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2007, 02:20:56 PM »
Do you want to talk to them in person or do you really live in San Antonio?

Sure I'll talk to them.  Let me know when you have the conference call set up.  I want to hear Pop's reaction when you tell him that he has no input or control.

And technically I DO NOT live in SA.  My subdivision is outside of the city limits.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2007, 07:35:55 AM »
Do you want to talk to them in person or do you really live in San Antonio?

Sure I'll talk to them. 

And technically I DO NOT live in SA.  My subdivision is outside of the city limits.
  "They" are not Pop but they are Spurs employees.  I'd much rather you talk to them in person thus my asking if you are in San Antoneville.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2007, 12:05:30 PM »
  It appears I had my Argentine Tau forwards mixed up you are correct about Scolas scout and you may also live near San Antonio.

It was Nocioni the Argentine (now of the Bulls) whom a Spurs scout screwed up by getting his birthdate wrong and thus thinking he was ineligible to be signed.  In fact the birthdate made him signable, which the Bulls did and he began NBA play in 2004-5.  Nocioni had 25 points and 18 boards in his 1st playoff game.  Spurs said to have an interest in him now.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2007, 01:31:39 PM »
Why is Colangelo 4th???  Seems like he is still ranking high because of the Bosh pick from a few years ago.  The guy is an awesome talent but I haven't really thought he put the right players around him since.  Bosh just keeps getting better and better which is why the team has been improving mainly.

And did I just read a San Diego Spurs fan call out a Spurs fan from Texas on distance from SA to their home?  Just making sure I am not losing it.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2007, 01:34:05 PM »
Why is Colangelo 4th???  Seems like he is still ranking high because of the Bosh pick from a few years ago.  The guy is an awesome talent but I haven't really thought he put the right players around him since.  Bosh just keeps getting better and better which is why the team has been improving mainly.

And did I just read a San Diego Spurs fan call out a Spurs fan from Texas on distance from SA to their home?  Just making sure I am not losing it.

Colangelo wasn't with the Raptors for the Bosh pick.  He is ranked that high for his history with the Suns and for starting to build the Toronto franchise around Bosh.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2007, 01:44:29 PM »

Colangelo wasn't with the Raptors for the Bosh pick.  He is ranked that high for his history with the Suns and for starting to build the Toronto franchise around Bosh.

Hmm guess I should have paid more attention to how they were ranking them.  I was under the impression it was for what they've done with the current franchise they work for.

Maybe I can go back to the edit button and replace Bosh pick with grabbing Nash? lol
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com