Author Topic: Iverson gets sued for 260K and Walker held at gunpoint  (Read 1174 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Iverson gets sued for 260K and Walker held at gunpoint
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 10:33:27 AM »
They wanted 22 million from AI, but got 1/100 of that.  Still, they clearly found AI's bodyguard guilty and AI by association.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 11:03:05 AM »
They wanted 22 million from AI, but got 1/100 of that.  Still, they clearly found AI's bodyguard guilty and AI by association.

They got paid for pain and suffering and hospital bills but nothing else.  Iverson is being sued by another guy(s) for a seperate incident but for basically the same thing.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 12:50:13 PM »
What's funny is they had 50 cent come in to testify that AIs bodyguards are good people since they use to be friends with him.  I dunno about you but I don't want a gangster rapper to come to my rescue when it comes to saying 'these guys are good people'  Even if 50 cent is a fake.

And this may sound messed up but as soon as I read the thread titled I immediately pictured Walker with that cry baby face he gets when he bricks a 3 or gets fouled as someone was taking his money.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 03:25:41 PM »
My only concern with this, is that there was no information about the case that led me to believe AI was involved, or for that matter his bodyguard.  If he really was guilty- then he should pay, but what really happened?

The point is, any wealthy athlete who goes out to have a good time becomes a target, people will pick fights in the hopes of getting a big payday.  In this instance the person who sued was really hurt and went through a lot.  Iverson was found guilty of not controlling his bodyguard- but if the bodyguard thought these people were a threat to Iverson he was doing what he was supposed to do.

The quality of news reporting is pathetic these days.  You never get enough information to be able to come to any conclusion.