Author Topic: OSU back to back CWS CHAMPIONS!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!  (Read 1043 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
OSU back to back CWS CHAMPIONS!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!
« on: June 18, 2007, 11:06:44 PM »
I have to admit I am really surprised.  They started great, and then struggled in conference, and got lucky getting into the tourney.  One more win and they are in the finals.  It would be a major stunner if they won it again.  This is for my nephew, who is an OSU Grad.
GO BEAVS.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 12:08:32 PM by ziggy »
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: OSU 1 win away from a return to CWS championship round
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 04:36:21 AM »
I saw parts of Gm 1, the OSU pitcher who touches his face to realign his energy channels.
I thought W.O.W. was going to appear on the screen and offer him an organic carrot.

Hey, he went 6-7 innings and they won.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 10:50:02 PM »
Congrats Beavers.  Back to back.  zig where are most of these players from?  What has been put into the Oregon water?

The Beavers (49-18) won all five of their CWS games, including a sweep of the Tar Heels in the best-of-three finals, and trailed for only one of 45 innings they played in Omaha.

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 08:45:52 AM »
Congrats Beavers.  Back to back.  zig where are most of these players from?  What has been put into the Oregon water?

The Beavers (49-18) won all five of their CWS games, including a sweep of the Tar Heels in the best-of-three finals, and trailed for only one of 45 innings they played in Omaha.

Wow Back to Back.  I am shocked, but also very happy.  Many of the kids are from Oregon and SW Washington, but hey also recruit in Idaho and Montana.
We will see if they can keep it going.  Casey had a great recruiting class, but it looks like he will lose 4 who will sign to play in the minors.  Only significant contributors on all the teams last 3 years where the catcher, and shortstop.  Coincidence?
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil