Author Topic: GM 3 predictions Spurs at Cavs  (Read 4248 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: GM 3 predictions Spurs at Cavs
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2007, 11:00:45 AM »
I figured you'd skidadle after that.

Not at all.  Just pointing out that you are wrong on many occasions.  Just fess up and say 'I was mistaken I did not check that out before I made the comment'

Kobe has nothing to do with this thread and no one said he had a 'very good' playoffs.  It's funny how you can say that Bron is not getting it done because he has no all-stars then bring Kobe up lol

Reality talking out of both sides of his mouth episode 328907239784
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2007, 11:14:18 AM »
And Hughes at 30%, ...

Same injury that Duncan played with against Dallas last year...but then I haven't heard any excuses from the Spurs.  Just imagine if Duncan had been 100% in lasy year's playoffs.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2007, 01:49:45 PM »
"Guard Larry Hughes, who is dealing with torn tissue in his left foot, did not participate fully in today's shootaround. Rookie Daniel Gibson took some repetitions in his place."

Duncan had plantar facias (sp).  They are not the same.

Plus are you partnering up with koastie koast and saying Duncans supporting cast of GNob, Parker, Finley (whom you adore) is equaled by Iglz, Hughes/Gibson, and Sideshow Bob?   ;D

Jomal
Reality -
It is very clear that westkoast has absolutely no interest in the accuracy of Allen's predictions, but only in his usual quest to divert the anti-Kobe sentiment away from his hero.

Well, I'm picking Spurs for Gm 3.  By how much, i don't know as Pop as now admitted to his 4th qtr coaching screw ups, specifically substitution patterns and defensive set calls.

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2007, 01:56:18 PM »
I'm picking the Spurs by 7. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2007, 02:18:30 PM »
Final Finals Showdown: Tony Parker vs. Larry Hughes
Posted Jun 6th 2007 6:35PM by Matt Watson

Even hobbling on a torn plantar fasica in his left foot, Larry Hughes was instrumental in disrupting Chauncey Billups' rhythm in the Eastern Conference Finals. He's a long 6-foot-5 and has always been able to play the passing lanes to force steals.

Sadly for the Cavaliers, none of that will matter in the Finals. Tony Parker is one of the fastest guards in the game and there's little chance that Hughes operating at three-quarters speed (at best) due to his injury will be able to keep up. Hughes was able to contain Billups, but that's because Billups rarely tries to beat his name off the dribble. Mr. Longoria, meanwhile, is one of the best at driving the lane, usually scoring most of his points in the paint -- there's a reason he shot at a 52% clip from the field this year.

Even as a distributor, Parker will have Hughes beat. Most of the Cavs' offense runs through LeBron James, especially in the playoffs. Even though Hughes started at shooting guard for much of the regular season, he's still averaging fewer assists per game so far in the playoffs (2.6) than the first 82 (3.6) in exactly as many minutes per game (37.1). While Parker is definitely a shoot-first point, he's still averaged a respectable 6.4 dimes per playoff game.

As I see it, Parker is going to make Hughes look bad in this series ... real bad. Injured or not, he'll likely suffer a fan backlash (assuming they eventually lose their "we're just happy to be here" attitude), especially considering he took home $15.3 million this year. Expect Parker's speed to force the Cavs to turn to Daniel (I feel dumb calling him "Boobie") Gibson early and often, but even then Parker's championship experience gives San Antonio the edge. There's no way around it, San Antonio has the point guard battle won handedly.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/06/06/final-finals-showdown-tony-parker-vs-larry-hughes/

and this site says the injury is also a torn plantar fasica:

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=sports&id=5346376

I just googled it. Isn't torn plantar fasica what Tim had last year?
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2007, 02:27:14 PM »
well, I've had it.  My understanding is you can overstretch those foot muscles like i did, or you can tear them like Hughes has.

Did Duncan tear his?  I thought he also stretched his.