Author Topic: Duncan or Lebron - who would you build around?  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Duncan or Lebron - who would you build around?
« on: June 03, 2007, 07:17:14 AM »
From ESPN poll...with over 47,000 votes.

6) Which team's star player, when at his physical peak, would you rather start your team with?

57.6% LeBron James
42.4% Tim Duncan

Amazing how many people don't understand the finer points of the game...
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Re: Duncan or Lebron - who would you build around?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 07:56:13 AM »
people could also be projecting what LeBron will be at his physical peak.  He could be 5 years away from that at this point.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 08:09:44 AM »
people could also be projecting what LeBron will be at his physical peak.  He could be 5 years away from that at this point.

I agree...he should still be 5-7 years from his prime.  But he also may have already hit his peak...only time will tell.  Still you should take the big man that can influence both ends of the court first. 
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 07:44:32 PM »
I think it is a tough question and I am not suprised after what Lebron has done that people voted that way.  They are getting a glimpse of what he is able to accomplish as a ball player.  However those same people fail to realize that Tim Duncan has been doing this since he stepped into the league.  Bron is having a good run THIS YEAR...Duncan has done what Bron is doing for his entire career.  Knowing what Tim Duncan has already done it should be a no brainer who you should build your team around.

The problem here is Duncan is so consistant that people just expect his greatness.   Bron is just showing his greatness.  Duncan is like a classic movie you watched millions of times.  You may like Spiderman 2 a little bit better then Casablanca right now but all-time it wins out over the new great movie of this era.

But hay I don't think it is crazy talk to chose Lebron.  It surely would be more interesting.  He is just the kind of player this new NBA needs.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 09:06:50 PM »
I think it is a tough question....

The question is so easy to answer we should take this discussion to fanhome.com.  It's actually a dumb question!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"