Author Topic: StubHub, Craigslist, bulleting boards ticket exchanges  (Read 856 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
StubHub, Craigslist, bulleting boards ticket exchanges
« on: June 01, 2007, 11:11:19 AM »
Tell us your ticket stories, good and not so good.

Anyone here ever use or for that matter frequently use StubHub?  I like it.
Much better then guessing who is and isn't a troll/scam artist on Craigslist and Ebay.

I personally do not like most (not all) scalpers at pro sporting events.  In fact if I'm alone and have time, i'll "sport" them by showing them what tickets i have to sell (i really am not selling them) then watching them slobber if i have great seats.  I then play dumb and listen to their ridiculously lowball offers, acting like I'm interested.  Slowly walking them up near security as they are dying to cut a deal before we get much closer.  I also like to follow them around and hear their b.s. stories that they are pitching to others, then inform the others they are scalpers.  I won't interfere if they don't b.s. the people and offer a fair price.  I have no problem with them reasonably profitting.  I don't do this regularly but only when I am waiting for someone else to arrive.  Or one time at a Rolling Stones concert at Petco Park, i was downtown anyway on unrealated business.  It was quite entertaining to watch them buy a ticket at face from someone, then try to flip it 3 minutes later for 4Xs.  They succeded in one case, thats when i started tipping off his future would-be victims.  As far as being threatened with violence, the ones in San Diego seem to be the non physical types.  Never have threatened me. 

I also have once during a playoff game used a sign that read "selling for face value" as it was one of the rare times i could not give them to friends or sell them due to logistics and the Padres sucking.  I make it a point to stand nearby a group of the scalpers.  One pair scoffed at my "face" sign.  One tried to tell me to watch out for all the undercover cops around.   ;D ;D  I'm selling mine for face dipstick, what fear do i need to have of the police?  They're too much.  I think a fair amount of them have drug problems.  If not they seem to be very skeevy.  Anywho i sold my face tics while they were left holding a bunch as the Cardinals were already up 2-0 in a best of 5 and the interest level was low. 

What irks me is the selling schmoes on Stub Hub are trying to get 5-7 times face. 

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: StubHub, Craigslist, bulleting boards ticket exchanges
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 11:59:55 AM »
just tried to get tickets at 12p when they went on sale...sure enough, none left, there are some starting for 155.00 nose bleed though. 
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.