Author Topic: Wow is this a wild west shoot out or what? Utah/GS WC Semi  (Read 1770 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
 :o :o

Did anyone expect this?  Looks like it is going to be a 65 point half for each squad.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Wow is this a wild west shoot out or what? Utah/GS WC Semi
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 10:48:42 PM »
Just when it looks like Utah is gonna hit their stride and pound GS, then GS comes roaring back.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 10:59:47 PM »
:o :o

Did anyone expect this?  Looks like it is going to be a 65 point half for each squad. 

Absolutely.  The dumbass announcers and others who had Golden State buried when they were down 17-7.
I told my dog "Golden State will tie the score before i finish this beer."
Bam 24-24.  Okay i drink slowly.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 12:37:07 AM »
I expected Utah to win but not like this, they ran with and matched point for point the best GS could throw at them and overcame them in the end, wild, exciting game, Utah still takes this in 5-6, but it sure was a fun game to watch, Williams is a player to keep your eye on, and Kirilenko has come alive in the post season, 7 blocks? Are you kidding me?
Dan

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 09:48:02 AM »
Utah is clearly the better team.  Not because of the early minutes jitter- that could happen to anyone.

It's just that in crunch time, Utah has big strong players who go to the basket and make things happen.  G.S. has no answer for Boozer, who iced the game last night by coming up with an offensive rebound and drawing a foul. 

The other truth is that Utah doesn't care if Golden State wants to run.  They can run with them and put as many points as GS if they need to.  If GS wants to slow it down, Utah can do that too.

Unlike Dallas who just panicked in the face of GS's freewheeling style, the Jazz are very comfortable playing that way, and they are better at it, with significantly better talent.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 09:50:34 AM »
Very nice win.  Props to our resident Utah Jazz fans.  Props to both GS and Utah for putting on a great game for all the NBA fans just in general.  You got a little bit of everything...AKs block clinic, Baron dunks, Jackson 3s, Boozer putting on a rebounding clinic, etc.  Clearly Boozer is not Dirk in the post  ;D

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 11:07:27 AM »
I think Utah ought to feel very lucky for the absolute horrid shot selection of Golden State and Jason Richardson in particular.  I feel like I'm in a refrain.  Well guys, I STILL haven't learned my lesson and despite the heart Golden State has shown, I think GS loses in 5 games.  I know the media keeps saying that GS thrives in this helter-skelter, runnin-gunnin, bombs away style but at some point you have to reign it in. 

I'm happy Utah got the victory but they played a damn near perfect game and were down a point with a minute and a half to go and barely eeked out a victory thanks to GS going 2 for 13 from the three to end the game.  That just goes to show the kind of fire power and confidence the Warriors are playing with.  I think as long as Utah continues to force ill-advised shots that GS thinks are good for it, they'll be in good shape.     
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 11:16:01 AM »
Really?  I thought Richardson was nails in the 4th qtr.  He and Matt Barnes were playing great.
Baron on the otherhand i thought was very tired and i did not understand Nellies decision to keep the ball in Barons hands.  Moving the ball was Goldens gold and for the last 6 minutes they again went into the mode of Baron will handle for 10 seconds with no ball movement (same as Gm 5 loss to Dallas).  His back to back trey clanks were brutal IMO.
Right after Richardson had hit a sweet 3.

Ditto Steven Jackson. 
Jackson-Davis did not have it in the last 6 minutes.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 11:19:28 AM »
Really?  I thought Richardson was nails in the 4th qtr.  He and Matt Barnes were playing great.
Baron on the otherhand i thought was very tired and i did not understand Nellies decision to keep the ball in Barons hands.  Moving the ball was Goldens gold and for the last 6 minutes they again went into the mode of Baron will handle for 10 seconds with no ball movement (same as Gm 5 loss to Dallas).  His back to back trey clanks were brutal IMO.
Right after Richardson had hit a sweet 3.

Ditto Steven Jackson. 
Jackson-Davis did not have it in the last 6 minutes.

Richardson hit a big 3 towards the end of the 4th that was huge but I agree with Skander about the shot selection.  He can take whatever defender Utah puts on him off the dribble.  He is also one of the better finishers in the league.  Stephen Jackson, same thing.  They had some success getting to the rack at times but rather get the big 3 then the smart 2.

Jason, Baron, and Stephen all had multiple plays where they were getting to the rim.  I don't see how you get away from that.  Shot blocker or not.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 11:31:09 AM »

Jason, Baron, and Stephen all had multiple plays where they were getting to the rim.  I don't see how you get away from that.  Shot blocker or not.
  Why did Golden State get away from that?  Why did Baron try the back to back trey clanks while making little or not effort to drive or dish.  We are agreeing.

And Richardson certainly can take the ball to the rack.  And he knocks down FTs.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 12:35:16 PM »

Why did Golden State get away from that?  Why did Baron try the back to back trey clanks while making little or not effort to drive or dish.  We are agreeing.

And Richardson certainly can take the ball to the rack.  And he knocks down FTs.

Oh ya those FTs at the end were clutch.  Sank em no problems.

Stephen Jackson's ability to switch up speeds to throw off defenders last night was impressive.  His wide open clanker when he could have got to the rim was not.

Reggie Miller says go for the dagger 3 if you are on the road, I say you take the tie and try again in the OT.  What does everyone else think?

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 12:39:37 PM »
Home team playing in over time about to lose homecourt has much more pressure than the road team trying to steal one.  Go for the tie and put the pressure on them.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 01:40:56 PM »
The Warriors were in a quandry, not that a team like this one is circumspect to recognize it. Kirilenko was an animal in the post on defense and Utah was playing very physical in the paint, GS was paying for it everytime they drove to the hoop. At the same time, they were getting slaughtered on the boards (Utah's very serious strength) so staying out of the low post and jump shooting led to something like 28 Utah points off defensive rebounds, I am including in that number the times they missed and rebounded the offensive miss and scored. They were +12 on O boards and +6 on D and scored a ton off second chance rebounds, THAT is where they won the game, that and Kirilenko and Harpring intimidating them into a perimeter game, Jerry Sloan deserves credit for that game plan.
Dan