Author Topic: I know Tupac and Biggie died to West/East beef....  (Read 871 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
I know Tupac and Biggie died to West/East beef....
« on: May 10, 2007, 10:05:13 AM »
And I am not trying to do that here!  We have enough poster on poster violence without me fanning the flames of e-beef...but I want to see if I am alone in thinking this....

The WC playoffs are leaps and bounds better then the EC playoffs this year.  Not just in terms of quality of games but also what TNT likes to call 'story lines'

I've watched most of Detroit's playoff games....they play very well but the games just haven't been interesting.  Maybe they dominate so much and it's all substance very little flash that makes it seem slow.  I've watched a couple of the Cavs games...not really entertaining to see them play the Wiz without Arenas.  Few other games thrown in...Nets/Cavs,  Heat/Bulls, and Pistons/Bulls not really that entertaining.  The Heat didn't even try.

Then on the other side you have the Dallas upset, T-Mac eating his size 14 nike, the AI/Melo experiment first playoff run together, SA/PHX championship in the second round  ;D , Utah and GS toughness thus far, Derek Fisher's big shot/story.

Am I wrong?  Do I need to watch my back on the eastcoast or in Vegas during a boxing match for saying this?

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: I know Tupac and Biggie died to West/East beef....
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 10:29:03 AM »
Why?  It is the truth!  The EC conference playoffs haven't been nearly as interesting, until now.

Now that Chicago is playing against Detroit, you can see Detroit's experience showing through.  In the Cleveland series, we're witnessing LeBron's comming of age, along with the rest of the team.  Cleveland may give Detroit some trouble, as LeBron is better than anyone else on any EC squad.

Golden State was interesting, simply because an 8 beat a 1.  That doesn't happen very often. 

No one cared about the LA/Suns except that fans in those two cities.  Everyone knew the Suns would take care of business.  The Nuggets series had more of an interest because AI is a star, and after the 1st win people began to wonder. 

The best series right now is Suns/Spurs simply because it's not clear who's going to win.  Conventional wisdom is that the winner of this series will go on to win the Championship.  The rest of the series are pretty clear.  Cleveland will win, and play Detroit.  Utah will win and play the winner of Suns, Spurs.

Detroit will most likely win the East, and face the Utah vs. Suns or Spurs. Whoever gets out of that matchup may be so weakened by the contest that Utah will run though them.  But we'll have to wait and see.