Author Topic: Rick Carlisle gets the Axe in Indiana.  (Read 999 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Rick Carlisle gets the Axe in Indiana.
« on: April 25, 2007, 02:33:07 PM »
The team did seem to underperform over the past few years, but there were injuries and suspensions, and a whack job (Ron Artest) that all contibuted to the troubles.

I have always been impressed with Carlisle and the way that he coaches.  He is getting a raw deal here, but the Pacers had to do something, or at least appear to be doing something.

Maybe the Maloofs will give him a shot, so he can be reunited with his buddy Ron!  ::)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Rick Carlisle gets the Axe in Indiana.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 02:43:39 PM »
IMO part of the problem is Carlisie is an old school coach, like Sloan, and he has new school players who think they know better than everyone else.  He needs a young team with no premadona stars.

Seems like coaches like Doc Rivers and Avery Johnson can connect to players because they have the built in "player" respect.  It allows them to dicipline their players without the players tunning out.  Other coaches have the past battles to go along with thier old school mentality that also gets players to buy into their style.  Rick seems to have neither.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Rick Carlisle gets the Axe in Indiana.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 03:24:55 PM »
Why does it feel like he got a somewhat bad wrap and canned for other people's mistakes???

Oh that's right..they switched a bunch of players mid-season with the Warriors and those players helped get GS to the playoffs.  Not to mention throwing a number of jabs across the face of the best team in the league.

The last few seasons he's been screwed by players or the front office  Were they planning on firing him from earlier this year?  I don't see how you swap out two core players on your squad (Harrington, Jackson) for a couple of one dimensional players (Dunleavy, Troy Murphy) and expect to get to the playoffs.  Mike Dunleavy can shoot jump shots, that's it.  Stephen Jackson can do that and slash.  Troy Murphy can hit the glass and occasionally score.  Harrington can hit the glass and score better then Murphy.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com