Author Topic: Get out your wallets...Tony Parker's rap CD drops this week, BOOYACKA  (Read 1899 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
 NBA All-Star guard Tony Parker hopes to add rap to his list of accomplishments, after releasing his self-titled debut Tony Parker album this week.

According to Reuters, Parker dropped his album via the Music One Label yesterday. The album is described as a mixture of hip-hop, R&B and dance music. A video for his first single "Balance-toi (Throw Yourself Around)" is already circulating the internet.

The 6'2 San Antonio Spurs player follows in the footsteps of Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson, Chris Webber and Ron Artest by pursuing a calling in hip-hop, but so far he isn't faring any better than his NBA peers. Critics are already calling out Parker on his lack of lyrical game, citing lines from "Balance-toi" that include, "What, you want to dance? No, it's not worth it. Me, I'll stay on the sofa enjoying the vibe by raising my arms."

Other lyrics include "I've already got my woman for life," a reference to Parker's fiancée, "Desperate Housewives" actress Eva Longoria. The two are scheduled to marry this summer in France. To sample Parke'r music, log onto www.tp9.net.

Tony Parker's self-titled debut is in stores now.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Get out your wallets...Tony Parker's rap CD drops this week, BOOYACKA
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 11:12:02 AM »
As if his playoff performances weren't embarrising enough!  Poor dumb bastard!  Welcome to the club of big dumb bastard NBA players who are talked into this type of shyte by their brainwashing payroll peeps.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 01:33:56 PM »
The rap thing is just stupid, but the even more stupid move by Tony is marry Eva Longoria.  Now I'm not saying she's not attractive, but I've seen her up close in real life and there's no way she's 30 ... I'd say more like 35.  Now TP is what 23 or 24 and an NBA player ... good god this guy should live it up for a few more years at least.  He could reel in a different, younger, hotter chick on a nightly basis.  I'm all for settling down with a companion and a great woman and all that jazz but there's plenty of time to do that ... he's only 24!

Sorry, I just had to get that off of my chest, carry on. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 05:31:12 PM »
There is a music video  :D :D :D :D :D

I'll have to find it on youtube, just came out today

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 11:08:58 PM »
I'm not even a great judge of rap but I can certainly tell that NBA rap efforts are almost universally horrific.  Troy Hudson put out a song called "Shut 'em Down" that made me want to shut a coffin lid down on him.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 11:14:05 PM by jn »
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 10:39:52 AM »
Well somebody forgot to tell the French that NBA rappers suck because TP's rap album was at number 2 in their chart sales apperantly, or else it was his first single, whatever it is, those cheese eating surrender monkeys wouldn't know Dr Dre from Dr Dolittle.

Oh and as for why TP would want to marry Eva, have you met him?  I saw him at a basketball  camp that I took my boys too (5 and 8 years old) Tony showed up and the crowd cheered, they give him the mic to speak to the kids - he has two stipulations - first, no questions about Eva (I can understand that one.) the second, you must ask INTELLIGENT questions?   Now not that my kids, or any of the other kids, are are stupid or anything like that - but come on, you have to know your audience.  These are very young kids!  You gotta expect SOMETHING STUPID TO BE SAID - you take it in stride and answer as an adult would.  I thought to myself "What a jerk!"  at least Tony's dad was not an ass to the crowd.

oh, there was maybe ONE dumb kid...lol...at least maybe he had dumb parents, he actually asked Tony if he had ever had a "teabag" (seriously!)  you could hear the gasp from the rest of the parents!  Tony had no clue what this kid meant, and no parent wanted to describe it to him either so it was like, ok move on to the next kid please.  lol.  As for the two of them, from what I hear from people who have seen them in public they can be rude asses to everyone else around them.  Seems like they would deserve each other IMO.  Hell he even joked while Pop was at the basketball function that he hoped he could be rich like David Beckham when his next contract comes up...and mind you the people there are all middle class workers...thanks Tony.  ::)
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email