Author Topic: Windows for stars  (Read 2836 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Windows for stars
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 07:34:19 AM »
I totally agree lurker and VC is not my ideal 3 candidate at 6'6".  But he certainly is athletic and many of his dunks are functional, meaning he fakes out the D and/or jams in traffic.  Not just open court dunks.  24/5/4 isn't all accomplished on hype on a low scoring Jersey team.
As to his D, i would say i am putting a call in to you.   Previous years, no.  This seasons contract year for VC i have seen mucho effort from him.

Now be honest.  2006 and 2007 Spurs playoffs with VC?  Or with Findawg?
2008 same Q.

Lots of problems with VC....

To get him to play D you have to keep him in a contract year.  So the only thing is to sign him to a one year contract and "reward" him each year by re-signing him.  He will never go for that.

Also he puts those numbers up as the #1 option on a team with no inside presence.  How will he perform as the #3 or 4 option?  Do you take away touches from Duncan & Parker?  Will he be happy getting Finley's or Barry's minutes?  Do you cut Manu's minutes?  Do you play Manu & VC together and go small?

All in all...I would stick with Finley.  He came willingly knowing that he would play just a role.  VC would never consider being just a role player.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Windows for stars
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2007, 10:02:22 AM »
Finley is doing just fine on the Spurs, regardless of what fake spursursuesuesuyesyseys are saying.  He knows his role, he is a proven vet, he has playoff exp , and he can perform on the court.  The Spurs over the last 20 or so games have been playing some good basketball, why the heck are people acting as if this team is like the Clippers, Lakers, or Nuggets?!?!?!  Everything they have decided to do and have tried this year is working.  They are going into the playoffs very strong.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com