Author Topic: SI.com truths and rumors Part 2 (Corey gone for Vince? Dirk to start?)  (Read 1759 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
The Clippers reportedly have had discussions with the Nets regarding Vince Carter.

The first has the Clippers offering Shaun Livingston, Corey Maggette and center Zeljko Rebraca to the Nets for Carter and guard Marcus Williams. The second proposal would send Livingston to New Jersey and Maggette to Memphis. New Jersey would get Pau Gasol from Memphis and the Grizzlies would get a first-round pick from the Clippers.
 -- Orange County Register

In the opinion of the Nets' decision-makers, Corey Maggette is a chronic complainer, someone who never seems satisfied with his role. Shaun Livingston's upside appears limitless, but it remains to be seen whether his often-injured body can withstand the rigors of an 82-game season. So, the Nets weren't remotely tempted to give up Vince Carter.
 -- New York Post

Clippers owner Donald T. Sterling wanted to send a message, so he summoned GM Elgin Baylor, coach Mike Dunleavy and Corey Maggette to an impromptu meeting Saturday at Staples Center. Although the owner left the door ajar to trade the Clippers' leading scorer off the bench, Sterling was firm in his message: He wants Maggette to be with the Clippers for a long time.
 -- Los Angeles Times

Many dominoes would have to fall for P.J. Brown to become available. But he's clearly the sort of player who is on the Mavericks' radar. The Mavs don't have a lot of glaring weaknesses, but backup play behind Dirk Nowitzki has been an issue. Aside from another shooter, another big man who can defend and score a little is the only item on their wish list. Avery Johnson has an appreciation for players like Brown.
 -- Dallas Morning News

Fans don't believe Dirk Nowitzki should start in next month's All-Star Game. We'll soon find out what Mike D'Antoni thinks. The coach of the Western Conference team can choose to give Nowitzki the first start of his All-Star career in Las Vegas. Or he can choose to reward his own player and turn to Amare Stoudemire.
 -- Dallas Morning News

When Eddy Curry hobbled off the Garden floor Wednesday, the agony in his strained left calf told him he'd miss at least 10 games -- maybe twice as much. Although it appears Curry and the Knicks got off lucky, it does seem likely he'll miss at least one game - tonight's showdown with the Heat and Shaquille O'Neal.
 -- New York Post

Knicks coach Isiah Thomas reiterated that despite Jared Jeffries' slump, the small forward will stay in the starting lineup - for now. But for the first time, Thomas admitted he'll have no choice but to bench Jeffries if he can't shake his prolonged slide.
 -- New York Post

Al Jefferson said yesterday he expects to play against the Raptors tonight. He reported some pain but no swelling in the same ankle Jefferson had minor surgery on during the offseason. Celtics coach Doc Rivers will wait until shootaround this morning to be fully convinced Jefferson can play.
 -- Boston Globe
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: SI.com truths and rumors Part 2 (Corey gone for Vince? Dirk to start?)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 03:53:26 PM »
The Clippers reportedly have had discussions with the Nets regarding Vince Carter.

The first has the Clippers offering Shaun Livingston, Corey Maggette and center Zeljko Rebraca to the Nets for Carter and guard Marcus Williams. The second proposal would send Livingston to New Jersey and Maggette to Memphis. New Jersey would get Pau Gasol from Memphis and the Grizzlies would get a first-round pick from the Clippers.

Right, in proposal #2 the Grizz and Jerry West are going to give up Gasol for a first round pick from the Clippers. 
Well, he did help the Heat win the title last year. ::)

If there was truth to #1, i think the Clips should do it.

Many dominoes would have to fall for P.J. Brown to become available. But he's clearly the sort of player who is on the Mavericks' radar. 
The Mavs would like to have PJ Brown to back up Dirk.  Okay thats nice.  What are they offering?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 03:59:17 PM »

Right, in proposal #2 the Grizz and Jerry West are going to give up Gasol for a first round pick from the Clippers. 

Many dominoes would have to fall for P.J. Brown to become available. But he's clearly the sort of player who is on the Mavericks' radar. 
The Mavs would like to have PJ Brown to back up Dirk.  Okay thats nice.  What are they offering?

I am wondering who they would offer up also.  I don't think he got waived or let go, at least to my knowledge.  Who would they be willing to part with?  They have alot of talent.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 04:13:38 PM »

In proposal #2 Grizz get Maggette and the first rounder.  Still a very bad deal for the Grizz and I would be speechless if West agreed.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 09:23:58 PM »

The Mavs don't have to offer anything to get Brown if he gets released.  Sounds like someone would pick him up for salary releif then dump him.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 09:25:41 PM by WayOutWest »
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 11:05:53 PM »
Is Browns contract expiring?  I thought Chi just picked him up.
Too tired to look up myself.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 11:11:59 PM »
Is Browns contract expiring?  I thought Chi just picked him up.
Too tired to look up myself.

He's in the last year of his contract I beleive.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Rolando Blackman

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - roblkman
    • View Profile
    • Email
P. J. Brown is older than dirt
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 11:21:00 PM »
Hey wk!

I find it hard to believe that out of all the Division 1 college left-overs from last year, there is not a one who is better than and would play for substantially less $$$ than P. J. Brown.  I'm not really trying to shovel dirt in his face, but this guy is played-out to the max.  He should be sitting on the sidelines in a suit, yukking it up over martinis with Bill Russell, Patick Ewing, Earl 'the Pearl', and all the other over-the-hill NBA players that still show up to games on occasion. 

- RB
Shaq #1
Sellouts to the left of me
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here
Is this the fall of night?