Author Topic: The radio callers *murder confession* on Tom Leyki  (Read 1372 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
The radio callers *murder confession* on Tom Leyki
« on: November 08, 2006, 02:52:27 PM »
Anywho are any of you following the current story he is hyping? Probably just a ratings grab, I hesitated to post.  You L.A. posters are familiar with his schtick.  However somewhat interesting and it is having the desired effect.

The radio callers *murder confession* on Tom Leykis    
http://www.blowmeuptom.com/
Above www look at "Leykis Gets Murder Confession". The link should have the actual radio call linked.

Cliff notes:
Single working nurse with baby.
Got pregnant by one night stand.
Approached father about child support.
He begged off.
Family court garnishes his wages.
He gets pissed, quits job (he is also nurse).
She approaches him about money.
He still begs off.
She shoots him dead. (Oh yeah and is confessing this all on the air live. "I'm a nurse, i knew where to shoot him.")
His blood alchohol was off the charts.
She places gun to look like suicide.
Cops buy it. No trial, she is off scott free.

Leykis now taunts  her that she just confessed on live radio, he will have her in prison soon.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 05:52:50 PM »
Don't believe it.  Tom Leykis gimmick is slowly becoming old, boring, and predictable.  The whole anti-women, anti-marriage, pro-chest beating, show me your cans crap is falling off.  I feel this is a publicity stunt or a joke by a caller that has gone too far.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 07:34:59 PM »
^^^ amen.  I gave him a listen and I'm out.
He critiques womens looks? :nonono:

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: The radio callers *murder confession* on Tom Leyki
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 12:57:58 PM »
koast or LA folks,

not that we care but simply in the matter of closure, how is LieKiss spinning the outcome of this?
The only blurb i heard was Liekiss claiming the cell phone company was blocking release of her number to the police.
Which is utter bull.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 01:48:00 PM »
koast or LA folks,

not that we care but simply in the matter of closure, how is LieKiss spinning the outcome of this?
The only blurb i heard was Liekiss claiming the cell phone company was blocking release of her number to the police.
Which is utter bull.

I've heard nothing other then what you did.  That is why I felt it was a gimmick, if it was that serious then he would do more.  No updates, no calls from the police, no nothing.  If the cell phone company blocked the release of her number...it shouldn't matter as the stations call logs should have them.  I don't need the t-mobile's permission to look at my cell phone bill to see who I spoke to for 24 minutes on a Thursday afternoon.  I don't see why they need permission to go through their own logs.  If not on the phone bill then through the call center that routes the calls.

Do you listen to talk radio much?  I don't remember if it was on KFI or another station but there was this guy on later in the afternoon that use to do voices of "callers" who were so over the top and people would call it to argue with him, not knowing the host was doing the voices.  He would argue with himself on the air for a few minutes until the lines lit up and then went on from there.  Pretty entertaining show I have to say.  I picked up on the gimmick real fast but forever none of the callers could.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 01:50:18 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 02:09:28 PM »
Liekiss mentioned that point about his 800 line i.d.ing every caller and even said during the staged call that he had her number for that very reason.  Now his claim is that for legal procedural reasons the police have to ask the cell phone company for the number.  And thats taken 3 plus months and continuing. ::)
Which is utter bull.  Even if a procedural requirement in AZ, it would be done withing days.

Yes i heard Phil Hendry.
http://www.utefans.net/football/2001/phil_hendrie_show.html
I did not agree with all his topics but thought some were a howl.
My favorite was the *volunteer police dept* who went around The OC at night and photographed teenaged girls and posted their pictures so the parents could see if their girls were being honest as to their whereabouts and associates. 
The ensuing battle of privacy rights advocates vs thankful parents calling in was too much.