Author Topic: MN/Detroit trade talks.  (Read 1234 times)

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
MN/Detroit trade talks.
« on: January 17, 2007, 05:50:32 PM »
For what it's worth there has been a ton of talk the last few days about the Wolves sending Marko Jaric to the Pistons for a big man.  Mohammed's name has surfaced the most and he has made some public comments about leaving.  I'm not really excited by the idea of Mohammed (or Dale Davis, for that matter) but if all we sent over there was Jaric I would gladly take that deal.  The Wolves are much too guard heavy right now.

On another front U of MN fans have worked themselves into an absolute frenzy over the idea of Flip taking the reins at his alma mater.  Personally I don't see it happening but who knows?  His son is a reserve walk on for the team, his family is still here, and he has always been a vocal supporter of the team.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: MN/Detroit trade talks.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 06:06:56 PM »
Players like Jaric are a dime a dozen.  If they could get a big man for him, especially since C-Webb is going to take up minutes at the 4 now, then I think it is a good move.  Jaric does not bring enough to the team to keep him out of trade talks.  Plus it would be nice to have more size and another person in the paint to help KG.  It is similar to Brand's situation in LA, KG is expected to alter shots, rebound, score, pass, and block shots.  If he grabs 5 rebounds one night instead of 10-15, then they get killed on the glass because no one else is there to really help him.

Dale Davis IMO would be a decent pick up.  He is a big body that can bang with other big men.  KG doesn't really have the body to bang with guys like Tim Duncan...let alone the  Eddy Curry and Nene's of the league.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Rolando Blackman

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - roblkman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: MN/Detroit trade talks.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 03:43:34 AM »
Hey jn!

Is Mark Madsen still in MN?

-Rolando
Shaq #1
Sellouts to the left of me