0 (0%)
nuetral, does not change outcome one iota
3 (50%)
gimpy knees actually cost team on D
3 (50%)
Meism whining and mobility bring team down
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: CWebbs effect on new team  (Read 651 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
CWebbs effect on new team
« on: January 12, 2007, 03:17:31 PM »
Hey i got the poll thing right.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 03:20:32 PM by Reality »

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: CWebbs effect on new team
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 07:32:10 PM »
Did anyone else see Weber on the TNT halftime interview last night?  Either this guy has been purposely phoning it in the last couple of seasons, or he's delusional.  I know he's jockying for a contract so he has to put on his best show to potential suitors watching, but good lord, the guy still thinks he's a starter and a top tier player in the league.  He hasn't been anywhere near the top tier since his first year or two in Sac!

Weber seems like a great guy and I can't blame him for wanting to win a championship, but how good can it feel to win a championship when you join a team like the Mavs/Suns/SA/Detroit/Miami halfway through the season?  How would that feel like you earned it? 

I mean it would be one thing if he did it with Denver or Golden State, or even (gasp) LA, but c'mon LA is the only team of the 5 or 6 he's interested in that isn't an odds on favorite to compete for the title. 

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: CWebbs effect on new team
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 03:55:17 PM »
Looks like Webber is going to the Pistons, don't think he's going to make a difference one way or another.  IMO he'd be better off at Dallas, they didn't win it all this year, they look to make a big push this year and Webber wouldn't be such a big defensive liability since the Mavs are not about D anyway.

As a Piston I don't think he makes much of a difference since Rasheed is still there and McDyse having a solid year off the bench.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"