Author Topic: Magette and his agent ask for a trade.  (Read 745 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Magette and his agent ask for a trade.
« on: December 16, 2006, 02:49:03 PM »
Magette hasn't been happy for a while.  He just doesn't see the big picture, with the second unit he's the primary scoring option.  Ross is not a scorer, he's in there for defense, Magette is obviously a better overall player than Ross and IMO better than Mobley but Mobley plays better defense.

Then again the Clippers are not going to do much in the playoffs, they don't have a championship caliber team and I doubt they ever will.  I can understand a player sacraficing his game for a piece of a title, I guess Magette's, and most NBA'ers, selfish attitude and the lack of confidence in the Clippers organization contributed to this situation.

I'd like to see Magette end up in a celler dweller of a franchise in return for a solid team player, preferably a center or backup PF to spell Brand.  It would help my FNBA team for Magette to be a primary or secondary scorer on a losing franchise, the last thing I want to see is AI end up on the Clippers because I'm a big Livingston fan.  A team with trouble getting to the FT line would love to have Magette, last year Indiana showed interest in him, not sure how he would do there or where he could end up.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Magette and his agent ask for a trade.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 12:39:04 AM »
MeGettee is a top tier selfish one tho...
Guess the 2nd half of last season was a mirage.

yeah they've become very boring.
Tim Thomas so far is not nearly as effective as Radman was.
Are Cavemans troubles strictly due to injury?

Do you still like Livingston enough to not move him for A.I.?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 12:07:25 PM »
Where the hell is he going to go?  He is probably not going to be happy anywhere because he thinks he is alot better then he really is.  Plus what winning team is going to give up players for him?  Hay maybe he can be sent to a team in the Atlantic division where he can be the #1 scoring option and the big star he always knew he was! 

I am pretty sure Livingston/Magette for AI doesn't work money wise.  Plus The Donald is not going to want to pay AI money.  He already has a hard time paying Elton Brand decent money and he is one of the hardest working players in the same who quietly does his job every night.

The Clippers are stinking it up but you don't just jump ship because you personally think you are better then that.  If you really want to show people how much you are worth you go in and play your ass off to try to improve the situation.  The Clippers have the talent but they are just stinking it up.  Makes last year look like a fluke with how average they have been this year.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 12:26:32 PM »
http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/sports/pros/abox/article_1388206.php

Dunleavy esp and Elgin Baylor doing the "no trade is imminent" and "we'll do whats best for us" rhetoric.