Author Topic: Long live PartyBall  (Read 1465 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Long live PartyBall
« on: November 12, 2006, 05:21:02 PM »
Partyball is here.  Martyball has been deprogrammed, and appears set to stay that way for at least for the rest of the 2007 season.  I hope.  Chargers 49-41 Cincy.  WooHoo!

Eagles back on track.  Why does Joe Gibbs stick with bo-ring immobile Mark Brunell?  Eagles at 5-4 actually control their own fate.  Currently wildcard.

Tennesee way to waste a great game by Vince Young to Baltimore.  Botched field goal keeps Balt tied with Chargers. :angry:  

Indiana 9-0 fatten up Peyton Manning for another playoff loss.  Botched field goal attempt by Buffalo for 17-16 escape.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Long live PartyBall
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 09:50:15 PM »
IMO, Washington is just a bad team.  What was up with Gibbs challenging the Westbrook play where he caught the ball, slipped and fell to the turf, and a Washington player made contact with him while he was on the ground, and THEN the ball popped out?

It was obvious that the Eagles had possession and he wasted a time-out for nothing.  Joe should retire.

It's too early to suggest the Birds are back on track.  They have managed to screw up too many games to think they're a good team.  Good teams don't blow ball games at the end.  They don't even allow games to be that close at the end.

When the Eagles were a good team, in short yard situations, their offence could always get enough of a surge up front to get the first down.  Against Washinton, (Again, NOT A GOOD TEAM!!!) they couldn't move them off the line.  In addition, teams couldn't move the ball on their defense in short yardage situations. Washington made a few, and even made a 6 yard completion on a 4th and 4.

Their record may be good enough for now, but they are not the team they were.  I'm not sure what it is, but they are not the same team they were two years ago, and it has nothing to do with Owens.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Long live PartyBall
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 11:49:08 PM »
Yeah i guess i meant back on track with a win and mathmetically right back into the NFC race.  I figured Chicago would take down Eli Manning and the Giants.

With the parity in the NFC they can sneak into a wildcard spot just as well as the other teams.  The ATL again is melting down.  I think they both suffer from weak O lines.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Long live PartyBall
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 02:34:51 PM »
My reply to this game is Marlon McCree needs a 3-game suspension......ack, its the Housh-man!...5 game suspension for that helmet crap he pulled.  

That's just about as ignorant and dangerous as that Albert Haynesworth peabrain in Tennessee with the stomping incident.

Through hard work, Houshmanzadeh has turned himself into the best receiver on the Bengals roster and it would have been ashame for his career to have ended on that bush league play by Marlon McCree. :angry:        
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Long live PartyBall
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 02:47:46 PM »
1 season suspension IMO.

I can only hope it was an accident/overzealouness/paranoia of getting burned again.

Also, the idiot media keeps hyping San Diegos D for finally getting a stop at the end.  What a joke.  Cincy reciever Henry dropped the freakin ball in the endzone on 3rd down.  Otherwise i have no doubt Cincy makes the two point conversion and forces overtime.  Oh yeah and HashHoush was not around for that final Cincy drive. :nonono:

Media also has said virtually nothing about the play.  What is Cincys coach saying?

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Long live PartyBall
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 03:16:37 PM »
Media also has said virtually nothing about the play. What is Cincys coach saying?

Marvin Lewis?  As a former Defensive Coordinator for a notoriously physical defense (Baltimore), it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't even address the issue.  You should know how the good-ole boy system works by now, right Reality? :nonono:

Just like Kenny Rogers and LaRussa in the World Series.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Long live PartyBall
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 10:45:52 AM »
Media also has said virtually nothing about the play. What is Cincys coach saying?

Marvin Lewis?  As a former Defensive Coordinator for a notoriously physical defense (Baltimore), it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't even address the issue.  You should know how the good-ole boy system works by now, right Reality? :nonono:

Just like Kenny Rogers and LaRussa in the World Series.
McCree wont be fined. :rolleyes:   You called that one.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2667061

I did watch the replay and it was not McCree but rather the next Charger coming across whose knee snapped Houshs' head back and caused the injury.  Well I would still say McCree "caused" it, but good to know it was not his early hit on Housh that did the injury.  In fact replay officials say it was shoulder to shoulder not helmet to helmet.  Still super cheap in my book.