Author Topic: OT: Jimmy Carter all over the TV promoting his book  (Read 756 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
OT: Jimmy Carter all over the TV promoting his book
« on: December 04, 2006, 01:13:57 AM »
The guy is brilliant and a strait shooter.  I saw alot of him on TV this weekend.  I was amazed at his ideas and comments regarding the middle east he made when he was only a gov running for president.  His comments were dead on way back then, history has shown he was right.  He's so outspoken and on the money, too bad he's black-balled because of his controversial and provocative opinions.

Listening to Carter only MAGNIFIES the clown-like, american idolish image of our current president.  Whenever I listent to a guy like Carter or Blair speak it hits me hard how poor a representative we have in the white house.  I'm amazed that the "red harring" campain actually worked to get Bush 4 more years.  Nevermind our horrid foreigh policy, illegitimate war in Iraq that bordered on criminal, our failing ecomony and education system, instead lest focus on abortion, gays and fear mongoring to determine the course of our great nation.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Re: OT: Jimmy Carter all over the TV promoting his book
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 10:33:14 AM »
WayOut,

Carter, while a good man, was a failure as a president.  Under Carter, our economy was AWFUL; inflation, interest rates, and unemployment were all in double-digits.  We had an energy crisis, and even the FARMERS went on strike.  Not to mention, we had a group of hostages being held in Iran.

Carter has *GREAT* ideas on how to promote peace.  So, what should our country do with him?  We should make him our U.N. Ambassador.  Think about it.  It's a perfect fit for Carter and his beliefs.  It keeps him away from the things he does poorly - managing the economy, managing foreign policy.  And, even more so, it strengthens the U.N. - a former American *PRESIDENT* as the U.N. Ambassador for the United States lends a sense of credibility to the United Nations.  And it wouldn't take much for other U.N. Ambassadors to embrace Carter as a leader of that body - perhaps even one day becoming the President of the U.N.  And IT'S A PERFECT FIT.

I'll say it right now - why it seems that nobody in our government - Democrat or Republican - has ever seen how great a fit this is should be a sign of national embarrassment.  That alone tells me that all of the folks in Washington - regardless of party affiliation - need to be replaced.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: OT: Jimmy Carter all over the TV promoting his book
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 04:44:53 PM »
On a more serious note:

I don't think it's fair to call Carter a complete failure as President -- specifically for the points that you mentioned.  While his domestic campaign was a complete failure (almost from A to Z), he was successful as a foreign ambassador (something a President is -- although Bush seems to have failed to understand this point). 

Carter WOULD be a great US Ambassador but he would never be appointed for the reasons that he is a great Ambassador.  Today's Ambassador's are nothing more than a mouthpiece for current administrations.  Decades ago, that wasn't the case -- as Ambassador's had to actually speak AS the voice (as well as thoughts, etc.) of our country.  Today, current administrations simply want someone who will convey their personal thoughts, ideals, agenda, etc. -- they (both Republicans and Democrats) don't want an Ambassador who thinks for himself.  It's the reason why Carter will never be appointed.