Author Topic: Here's one for Reality  (Read 1434 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Here's one for Reality
« on: November 09, 2006, 12:01:06 AM »
Oberto shoots 11 of 11; Spurs top Suns in OT

Web Posted: 11/08/2006 10:29 PM CST

Johnny Ludden
Express-News Staff Writer

Chip Engelland gave Tony Parker a jump shot. On Wednesday, he helped make Fabricio Oberto into the most accurate shooter in franchise history.

If the Spurs shooting coach ever gets Tim Duncan to make free throws, he might be headed to the Hall of Fame.

Oberto set a franchise record by making all 11 of his shots, Parker scored 29 points, and Duncan added 26 as the Spurs rallied to beat Phoenix 111-106 in overtime at the AT&T Center.

The Spurs trailed by nine with less than six minutes remaining before beginning their comeback. They likely would have won the game in regulation had Duncan not missed a pair of free throws with 6.3 seconds left.

Oberto had 22 points and 10 rebounds, as well as a key assist that led to a three-point play for Duncan late in the fourth quarter.

Oberto's 11-for-11 performance broke the franchise record set by Mark Olberding in 1977 and tied by Gene Banks in '83.

Duncan's short bank shot brought the Spurs within 95-93 with 1:47 left.

The Spurs struggled to find anyone who could shoot consistently besides Oberto, who scored a career-high 20 points.

Hoping to boost Amare Stoudemire's confidence, as well as coax a little more aggressiveness from him, the Suns gave their young center his first start of the season. Stoudemire is still working his way back while recovering from microfracture surgery on his left knee last year.

Stoudemire scored 14 points in 12 first-half minutes  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Here's one for Reality
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 02:02:24 AM »
Thank you people, thank you.

B)  I was as blown away as all you are.
Or should be.
Thank goodness it was in a winning cause.
Xs3 I wanted Pops head on a platter when he marched Duncan out there for the Phx intentional foul. :nonono:  :bash:

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Here's one for Reality
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 08:33:41 AM »
I wish all my fantasy league big men could play the Suns every night.  TD is looking alot better this year.  He's playing like the Duncan of old and drawing alot of double teams.  That along with Parker's penetration allowed Flabs to get open under the basket.  Those are the only shots I saw him take, not sure if the guy has a mid-range game.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Here's one for Reality
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 09:31:12 AM »
Fabs started off hitting a couple 10-12 footers.  But the majority were layups created by Duncan/Parker.  Or offensive boards.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 09:31:31 AM by Lurker »
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

jn

Here's one for Reality
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 09:49:13 AM »
Damn that Flabs!  Taking Olberding out of the record books!  

Somewhere around my Mom's house is a photo of my uncle driving to the hoop against him in a MN State tourney game.  Olberding was one of the first man-child types.  He had the strength to go pro after one year.  Flabs should check some old footage to learn some of Olberdings technique like the forearm to the kidney while playing post D.   :up:

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Here's one for Reality
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 09:55:33 AM »
Damn that Flabs!  Taking Olberding out of the record books!  

Somewhere around my Mom's house is a photo of my uncle driving to the hoop against him in a MN State tourney game.  Olberding was one of the first man-child types.  He had the strength to go pro after one year.  Flabs should check some old footage to learn some of Olberdings technique like the forearm to the kidney while playing post D.   :up:
Good old Olberding...and the Bruise Brothers.  One of the meanest, if not overly talented, groups of big men the Spurs (and league) have ever seen.  Back in the no free layup days.  Ahhhhhhhh memories....
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Here's one for Reality
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 11:45:42 AM »
Damn that Flabs!
LOL!  Just remembered that westkoast just dropped Fabs! :)
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Here's one for Reality
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 11:49:59 AM »
Damn that Flabs!
LOL!  Just remembered that westkoast just dropped Fabs! :)
We'll Reality isn't in our fantasy league so exactly who could I use him to trade with  :D

Besides starting Fabs is like staring haileys comet if you know what I mean
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com