Author Topic: Travelling and swear enforcement  (Read 1766 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Travelling and swear enforcement
« on: November 02, 2006, 10:42:24 AM »
Well, it took Sheed one game to get multiple Ts and an ejection.  We are all so surprised.  I only saw the quick highlights on SportCenter, it did look like the initial call was biased against Sheed.  Happended fast, not a great camera angle, but appeared ole Sheed did not make contact.  He then did the outstretched palms bit, but was not dramatical about it.  Quick whistle.  The third one Sheed got his moneys worth.
Expansion:  "Rasheed's first tech was called after he was called for a foul and he had the wide-eyed shocked look like he didn't do anything and kind of held his hands up as if he was saying, "what did I do?" HOWEVER, he didn't even say anything to any of the officials before getting whistled. The second tech was called after he clearly fouled Charlie Villanueva, but before that happened, Villanueva elbowed Sheed in what looked like his "groin" to clear Sheed out. Sheed thought the elbow should have been called for an offensive foul clear out. But, that's not why he got T'd up. He was yelling out in general how we was gonna start "throwing bows."

2.  Travelling and Lebron.  Did a bunny hop onto one foot and proceded to take a step onto other foot then shoot.  It was such an obvious travel.  Ref rung him up.
He complained, but only back on the other end and continued after a timeout.  However it appeared he was more asking then telling.  Like "You are making that call on a superstar like me?"  No T.

What are you seeing so far?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 11:46:37 AM by Reality »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 12:20:15 PM »
Kings lost Bibby to T's for excessive jawing.

Ben Wallace rung up in Orlando for an early exit...first one supposedly for the "Who me?" look with palms outstretched.

Still seems to depend on the ref...varies greatly from night to night; official to official.  In other words very inconsistent and sets up the potential for some very interesting (read official controlled) playoffs.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 12:39:30 PM »
... (read official controlled) playoffs.
Priase Allah!  It's been a while since we had a Laker championship parade in L.A.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 01:02:56 PM »
Priase Allah! It's been a while since we had a Laker championship parade in L.A.

Okay, WOW, is this a joke within a goof, or a joke within a goof, inside of a wisecrack.

...and STOP posting in triple-meanings, its confusing me!!  :cry:  

:D  
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Guest_Randy

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 01:21:25 PM »
So who is surprised that the refs decided to warn Rasheed early in the season?  I'm certainly not!  Sheed has actually EARNED his reputation -- and there is a price to pay when you earn that kind of a reputation.  Sheed has made his own bed so why feel sorry for him?  

This is just another "subjective" weapon in the hands of referrees -- and I imagine that their personal feelings (likes and dislikes) for individual players will ALWAYS come into play -- and don't forget, nobody gets to question referrees (hmm, anyone think that Cuban is going to really get fined this year once refs start lighting up Terry, etc?).

Also, James has come into his own when it comes to whining to refs -- it will be interesting to see how refs react to the demonstrative superstars like Kobe, TD, James, etc.  I think it's just a matter of time before these guys get lit up!

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 01:37:02 PM »
Priase Allah!  It's been a while since we had a Laker championship parade in L.A.
That's because some idiot in the organization keeps scheduling them in Pasadena, Inglewood, etc.  If they held it in LA then all the fans would be too busy coughing & hacking from breathing to actually see the parade.

But if you really want to see another championship parade then you are welcome to visit San Antonio next June.  I'll even spring for the enchiladas and cerveza.   :cheers:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Guest_Randy

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 05:51:58 PM »
That's because some idiot in the organization keeps scheduling them in Pasadena, Inglewood, etc.  If they held it in LA then all the fans would be too busy coughing & hacking from breathing to actually see the parade.

But if you really want to see another championship parade then you are welcome to visit San Antonio next June.  I'll even spring for the enchiladas and cerveza.   :cheers:
Wow, that's incredibly generous of the Spurs to throw a parade for the Mavs esp. in spite of all the things that Cuban has said about your fair city.  Definately a classy thing to do!  Cuban may even pay to clean out the riverwalk after such a generous display of support!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 06:28:04 AM »
Steve Nash got away with a little bit of jawing during the Lakers/Suns game without any kind of T.  I also noticed that Andrew Bynum did the open palms 'what did I do' thing last night with no T (granted the foul wasn't on him but that is a T regardless right?)  This rule is a joke.

Traveling?  They are not getting any better at calling it consistently.  On everything I love I watched the Golden State Warriors travel/palm the ball 3 times in a row.  Not 3 trips but one player traveled then dished the ball to another who traveled and then passed the ball to a guy who finally got called for jumping in the air to shoot then trying to dribble.

The one thing I will say it looks like they are doing a better job on is foot work (or lack of) in the paint.  The whole switching pivot feet deal is outta control.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 11:27:52 AM »
Lurker:
Still seems to depend on the ref...varies greatly from night to night; official to official. In other words very inconsistent and sets up the potential for some very interesting (read official controlled) playoffs.

westkaost:
Steve Nash got away with a little bit of jawing during the Lakers/Suns game without any kind of T.

No T was given:

full video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2PTZGysmdU

guest-koast

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 07:51:28 PM »
Lurker:
Still seems to depend on the ref...varies greatly from night to night; official to official. In other words very inconsistent and sets up the potential for some very interesting (read official controlled) playoffs.

westkaost:
Steve Nash got away with a little bit of jawing during the Lakers/Suns game without any kind of T.

No T was given:

full video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2PTZGysmdU
Exactly my point!  The Nash, Duncan, Bryant, Wade's of the league are not going to get Ts...so exactly what is the point of saying you are going to stop players from doing it then give a pass to the guys who normally could get away with alot of it in the first place?  Nash and Bryant were two of the biggest complainers last year!

The whole palming and traveling actually applies more to the guys who have the athletic ability to pull off some crazy dribbling moves then it does to B and C level players in this league.