Author Topic: BLAH @ Dabods  (Read 4389 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
BLAH @ Dabods
« on: November 08, 2006, 12:08:53 PM »
Just wanted to put that out there...I need a SF badly and decided to go with a slightly cheaper version of a Lamar Odom type player so I went to grab Luke Walton.

Guess what?

DB already picked him up right before the game.  What did he do?  Posted decent numbers in each of the 3 main categories.  LAME!

(btw to the two gentlemen who emailed me it takes a while for me to respond because Yahoo is blocked at work I will reply back to you both by tonight)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 12:09:49 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
BLAH @ Dabods
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 01:09:01 PM »
I'm actually to the point where too many of my "chances" players are playing well.  Deng is posting up numbers, Villanueva has been a stud, Walton I figured would be a temp pickup, but he looks like someone to hang on to.  Rudy Gay's been up and down, but for a 20 year old shows too much "he could put it together in the 2nd half"'ness to drop now.  Adam Morrison's been a great point of 3's after a terrible preseason.  Biedrins took over the starting job, and is a great source of blocks.  And TJ Ford, whom I took to be a backup PG, has been starter worthy.

I took a handful of guys, hoping two or three would work out, and the remaining 2-3 guys I would have to work the waiver wire.  Unfortunately right now I have a hard time justifying dropping most of them.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
BLAH @ Dabods
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 02:39:00 PM »
I'm actually to the point where too many of my "chances" players are playing well.  Deng is posting up numbers, Villanueva has been a stud, Walton I figured would be a temp pickup, but he looks like someone to hang on to.  Rudy Gay's been up and down, but for a 20 year old shows too much "he could put it together in the 2nd half"'ness to drop now.  Adam Morrison's been a great point of 3's after a terrible preseason.  Biedrins took over the starting job, and is a great source of blocks.  And TJ Ford, whom I took to be a backup PG, has been starter worthy.

I took a handful of guys, hoping two or three would work out, and the remaining 2-3 guys I would have to work the waiver wire.  Unfortunately right now I have a hard time justifying dropping most of them.
Need a PG?  Cuz I am light in the SF dept....  :D

Luke Walton is not a top notch player obviously but you can count on him for 10-15 points 6 or so rebounds and 4-5 assists most nights now that he is a starter.  I think he is like a 2nd string version of Lamar Odom.  He will be a solid contributor the entire season if he stays healthy.

I think you did an excellent job of picking up lesser known players but still getting major contributions from those same players.  Some much more then anyone expected I thought.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
BLAH @ Dabods
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 03:08:08 PM »
I feel you, I procrastinated too long on Bynum, I think he's going to be a solid 2nd option at C.  I was looking to shore up my C spot so I could entertain some trade offers I've been recieving.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
BLAH @ Dabods
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 05:09:11 PM »
I'm actually to the point where too many of my "chances" players are playing well. Deng is posting up numbers, Villanueva has been a stud, Walton I figured would be a temp pickup, but he looks like someone to hang on to. Rudy Gay's been up and down, but for a 20 year old shows too much "he could put it together in the 2nd half"'ness to drop now. Adam Morrison's been a great point of 3's after a terrible preseason. Biedrins took over the starting job, and is a great source of blocks. And TJ Ford, whom I took to be a backup PG, has been starter worthy.

I took a handful of guys, hoping two or three would work out, and the remaining 2-3 guys I would have to work the waiver wire. Unfortunately right now I have a hard time justifying dropping most of them.

Welcome to my world, Dabods!

I don't have a single droppable guy on my roster, maaaaaybe Mark Blount.

I've been trying to trade for balance but it's been pretty hard.  
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
BLAH @ Dabods
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 05:32:29 PM »
Welcome to my world, Dabods!

I don't have a single droppable guy on my roster, maaaaaybe Mark Blount.

I've been trying to trade for balance but it's been pretty hard.
How come you haven't filled out your trading block roster?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
BLAH @ Dabods
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 05:40:35 PM »
No trades offers have come my way.  But that's fine...I am fairly happy with my balanced roster.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
BLAH @ Dabods
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 11:44:45 AM »
Further proving my point last night in the Lakers pathetic  loss to Portland.

Luke had 21 points and was the only Laker other then Kobe to do any kind of damage to the super tough Blazer defense  :rolleyes:  

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
BLAH @ Dabods
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 12:55:47 PM »
Right now it's not his scoring that's going to keep him in the lineup, but:
last 4 games
Rebounds: 8, 4, 9, 4
Assists: 5, 4, 5, 4
Steals: 2, 2, 1, 2
Blocks: 0, 2, 2, 1
3ptm: 2, 1, 0, 2

Right now he's a + source of points, rebounds, steals, blocks, assists and 3ptm on a consistent basis.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
BLAH @ Dabods
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 02:26:30 PM »
Right now it's not his scoring that's going to keep him in the lineup, but:
last 4 games
Rebounds: 8, 4, 9, 4
Assists: 5, 4, 5, 4
Steals: 2, 2, 1, 2
Blocks: 0, 2, 2, 1
3ptm: 2, 1, 0, 2

Right now he's a + source of points, rebounds, steals, blocks, assists and 3ptm on a consistent basis.
His scoring avg is going to jump up a whole bunch this year because of his work in the paint but ya his assists and rebounding is pretty consistant.  He works hard on the offensive glass and everyone already knows about his passing ability.

So you want Barbosa for Walton straight up?  :D