Author Topic: Thoughts about NBA.com Fantasy League  (Read 2469 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Thoughts about NBA.com Fantasy League
« on: October 24, 2006, 08:58:57 AM »
Don't like it.  

The draft was better than Yahoo because of the first two rounds, there's nice graphics and that's about it.

There are tons of resources on NBA.com but they are not up and running, there is no info and the season starts next week.  My biggest problem with NBA.com is the lack of stats for players.  On Yahoo whenever you looked at players their SORTABLE stats were right there.  When you add/drop/trade a player it would bring up their sortable stats and rankings.  That was an extreemely useful feature.  I'm not a fan of NBA.com, maybe I just don't know how to use it yet, and I don't have the inclination to try and learn it.  Yahoo was alot more intuitive IMO.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 09:16:27 AM »
I don't care for the site much either...but it could be that I just haven't had time to try to figure out all the bells & whistles.

As far as sorting...if you call up "add a player" then it will sort on whatever category you click at the top: stl, ast, reb, etc.  However it only uses totals unlike Yahoo which would use either totals or averages.  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 09:49:12 AM »
I think the draft was clumsy.  Being able to set the first two rounds was nice, but overall I didn't like how the draft operated.

It also takes me longer to find information.  I wish on the player pages you could see FTM per game, 3PTM per game, etc.

Overall, I think the interface for things is drastically unrefined (i.e. setting your lineups).  This could just be growing pains for NBA.com, or it could just be my familiarity with Yahoo.

And yeah, Lurkers right, go to Add a player and you can get sortable stats and player search.  It took me forever to find that too.

Offline cudall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 11:46:57 PM »
i basically agree with all of you. nba.com doesn't offer as much data (no averages, which is a big thing), and there's no "players" link on every page like there is on yahoo. to find a player, you have to go to "my team" and then click on "add a player"--it's 2 steps to go find somebody . . .

also, if you go to someone else's team to view a player (as if you're interested in trading them), you don't see their stats--you see their game schedule for the week. I'd much rather see their stats right off the bat. And if you decided you wanted to trade for that player, instead of the automatic "trade/pick up" button next to them, you have to again go another step and go to "propose a trade" and start all over again. it's simply clunky. (is this the first year for nba.com? if so, i'm sure they'll refine it as time goes by.)

oh well. i'm sure part of the frustration is just the familiarity with yahoo.

anyway, i'm excited for the season. i think there are several well-balanced teams . . .