Author Topic: Congrats Caleb  (Read 1089 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Congrats Caleb
« on: October 27, 2006, 10:31:20 PM »
If we were going to lose, I am glad it was to your Cards.  Congrats, and Enjoy.

I said a couple of months ago that the Cards getting Weaver would be one of the best pickups this year.  Too bad I was right.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
Congrats Caleb
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 11:24:54 AM »
WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!![/size]

Thanks Kevin.  I've been waiting my whole life to see a Cards' World Series title.  What a feeling.  I can't stop smiling.  :)

And congrats to your Tigers on a fantastic season.  To go from one season of 70-odd wins to the next year's Series is incredible.  Assuming your young starting pitching stays healthy and you're able to add another bat, I think your team will be a force for several years.  Good luck next year.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrats Caleb
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 02:20:48 PM »
If we were going to lose, I am glad it was to your Cards.  Congrats, and Enjoy.

I said a couple of months ago that the Cards getting Weaver would be one of the best pickups this year.  Too bad I was right.
zig I don't want to rain on the Cards thread so...
Congrats Cards.

That having been said, and your calling Weaver, and Weaver having such a turnaround, what does that say for Angels and pitching coach Bud Black?

I've never liked him, other tout him highly.  Said to be going to Scam Diego Padres as head coach.  Fine with me, as i like Angels.  Would also like to see Padres do well tho.

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrats Caleb
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 02:38:49 PM »
If we were going to lose, I am glad it was to your Cards.  Congrats, and Enjoy.

I said a couple of months ago that the Cards getting Weaver would be one of the best pickups this year.  Too bad I was right.
zig I don't want to rain on the Cards thread so...
Congrats Cards.

That having been said, and your calling Weaver, and Weaver having such a turnaround, what does that say for Angels and pitching coach Bud Black?

I've never liked him, other tout him highly.  Said to be going to Scam Diego Padres as head coach.  Fine with me, as i like Angels.  Would also like to see Padres do well tho.
I don't know that much about Bud Black, but he seemed to have success with Jared Weaver, Ervin Santana, John Lackey, Colon (Who won the Cy Young in 2005), and KRod.  I think the Jeff Weaver thing was a combination of things, not all but some being layed at teh feet of Bud Black.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrats Caleb
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 02:50:27 PM »
WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!![/size]

Thanks Kevin.  I've been waiting my whole life to see a Cards' World Series title.  What a feeling.  I can't stop smiling.  :)

And congrats to your Tigers on a fantastic season.  To go from one season of 70-odd wins to the next year's Series is incredible.  Assuming your young starting pitching stays healthy and you're able to add another bat, I think your team will be a force for several years.  Good luck next year.
Thanks Caleb.

We do have our #1 pick Andrew Miller.  He showed some great stuff at UNC, and also pitched a little in Class A, and also a little for the Tigers in September.  I do believe we need to make a change in CF though.  Granderson had some big games in the playoffs, but he is not the long term answer in CF, nor batting leadoff.  I really liked that way the Tigers spent their money wisely and got some good veteran guys (Rogers, Polanco, Jones, and Casey).  Stay away from the big name stars, focus on getting some good pro's, and add to their young pitching, and I think we can remain competitive for a few years.  That is what the Cards did with Weaver, and Preston Wilson, Encarnacion, Eckstien, Grudzalanek a couple of years ago, Suppan, and on and on.

AA Mil

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrats Caleb
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 04:19:32 PM »
typo.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 04:20:09 PM by Reality »