Author Topic: Preseason record of eventual NBA Champ  (Read 711 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Preseason record of eventual NBA Champ
« on: October 24, 2006, 09:15:21 AM »
Anyone know of a stat site that would tell the preseason record of the eventual NBA Champ?

For that matter the preseason record of any and all NBA teams vs their reg season and playoff records.  Thruout NBA history.

I'm trying to see the correlation of preseason record to reg season and playoffs.
Of course we all know not to read too much into preseason.  I predict it will have no bearing, as in winner or top tier record in pre + NBA Champ or Finals appearance.  However I want to see exactly what the stats say.

Tried googling, no success.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 11:31:08 AM »
I would so it is pretty close to impossible without doing your best Stretch Armstrong impersination.   MANY MANY reasons why it is not doable...

-Coaches are testing out new players.

-No solid rotation.  Players do not get a chance to get into a groove.

-Starters are not playing heavy minutes.  

-Roles have not fully been established for most of the players on the squad.  A players role the previous year may not be the same role they play the next year.

-Injuries to key role players or star players.

-Playing shape of team.

-If any  coaches have been added or removed

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 11:32:42 AM »
I'm not aware of any site where you can get that, probably some of the team's web sites might have the info.

It will have no correlation whatsover.  Teams use preseason to evaluate players to see if they're good enough to play in the NBA.  They are not concerned with winning, but with experimenting with different defenses and offenses to see if they can play them effectively.