Author Topic: Staples Customer Service cont...  (Read 1059 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Staples Customer Service cont...
« on: April 11, 2006, 07:10:20 PM »
We Love L.A.  (we love it)

Contiuing the transportation from The OC to Staples thread:
http://www.phillyarena.net/forums/index.ph...2880&hl=staples

Call #3 was from Staples Center.  I had left a message with guest services manager explaining my wanting info on transport.  Her underling called back.  He said he had no idea why I called. (Par for course in all cust service not just Staples?)

Reality:  "I'm looking for a van/shuttle/carpool, you know any kind of a staight shot to Staples so we don't have to do 2,3 or 4 bus/train exchanges."

Staples Dude:  "Okay, ummn.  May i ask why you want it?"

Reality:  "Sure.  We want to come to a Clips or Lakers game from Mission Viejo in The OC.  I'd like to avoid L.A. rush hour traffic.  You know?  Leave The OC
at 5:30 pm for Staples in LA traffic would be jammed.

Staples dude:  "You want to avoid rush hour?" (doubting tone).

Reality:  "Yes, I'd like to be on a shuttle or van or bus that makes a straight shot.  That way i don't have to drive.  I'm hoping there is enough interest of likeminded people if not in Clippers games then certainly Lakers games that some kind of group drive has been formed.  Like meet at X point in The OC."

ST D:  (Wanting to sound authoratative).  "The Clippers are probably going to be in the playoffs.  It's not for sure but it looks like they should be.  The Lakers may or may not be, its not looking as good for them, they may miss the playoffs.  Okay i.....really.....don't....You could try the LA/Orange County visitors bereau."  

Reality (thinking to self He does not know what he is talking about, unless he really feels a meltdown of epic proportions is due the Lakershow.  I should have him contact the Laker posters.)  Continuing I thought gee, maybe the Visitors Bereau would know more of what transports to Staples Center then Staples Center itself would.  "Yes or I could try the Dept of Transportation."

ST D:  "Yes.  Or would you want to take a Limo?  I could line that up."  (He was 100% serious)

Reality:  Yes, thank you.  Not today but I'll keep that in mind.

Group transport/LA Staples crowd.  They are not synonymous.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 07:38:11 PM »
We Love L.A.  (we love it)

Contiuing the transportation from The OC to Staples thread:
http://www.phillyarena.net/forums/index.ph...2880&hl=staples

Call #3 was from Staples Center.  I had left a message with guest services manager explaining my wanting info on transport.  Her underling called back.  He said he had no idea why I called. (Par for course in all cust service not just Staples?)

Reality:  "I'm looking for a van/shuttle/carpool, you know any kind of a staight shot to Staples so we don't have to do 2,3 or 4 bus/train exchanges."

Staples Dude:  "Okay, ummn.  May i ask why you want it?"

Reality:  "Sure.  We want to come to a Clips or Lakers game from Mission Viejo in The OC.  I'd like to avoid L.A. rush hour traffic.  You know?  Leave The OC
at 5:30 pm for Staples in LA traffic would be jammed.

Staples dude:  "You want to avoid rush hour?" (doubting tone).

Reality:  "Yes, I'd like to be on a shuttle or van or bus that makes a straight shot.  That way i don't have to drive.  I'm hoping there is enough interest of likeminded people if not in Clippers games then certainly Lakers games that some kind of group drive has been formed.  Like meet at X point in The OC."

ST D:  (Wanting to sound authoratative).  "The Clippers are probably going to be in the playoffs.  It's not for sure but it looks like they should be.  The Lakers may or may not be, its not looking as good for them, they may miss the playoffs.  Okay i.....really.....don't....You could try the LA/Orange County visitors bereau." 

Reality (thinking to self He does not know what he is talking about, unless he really feels a meltdown of epic proportions is due the Lakershow.  I should have him contact the Laker posters.)  Continuing I thought gee, maybe the Visitors Bereau would know more of what transports to Staples Center then Staples Center itself would.  "Yes or I could try the Dept of Transportation."

ST D:  "Yes.  Or would you want to take a Limo?  I could line that up."  (He was 100% serious)

Reality:  Yes, thank you.  Not today but I'll keep that in mind.

Group transport/LA Staples crowd.  They are not synonymous.
Okay Reality, your continuing saga on this public transport to Staples is cracking me up.  I don't want to make fun, actually I really do want to make fun of you, but I won't because you may have a legit handicap that prevents you from driving and I would hate to make light of that.    

Can't you take the train to Union Station?   It's been years, but I know there is a train that runs from Union Station to SD and goes through most of the coastal cities.  Way back as a wee lad I remember taking the train from LA to San Clemente.  You should check in to that because I can assure you that you are the first person to call Staples inquiring about a public shuttle from the OC.  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 07:51:20 PM »
Friend/biz associate who is 82 and had back surgery and whom insists on buying the tickets.  Little sensitivity please, msc.
He is substancially better now.
While some people dig the train or even the bus, and I'm not above taking the bus, I can't stand all the stops on either.

If it was a Spurs game I would drive.
Week or so ago Spurs v Clips it was the night of the heavy downpour.
Next night Spurs v Lakers we both felt like screw it, would rather have seen Spurs v Clips.  He loved the play of Jerry West and Wilt the Stilt but had little use for Magic Marketting and sees Kobe how most outside of LA do.

You're telling me there is not enough interest in mega bucks Gated Communityville OC to have a regular trek to worship at the Staples Temple. :crazy:
That seems whack.

Hmmn i have a business idea.
For a theme song, instead of "We all Live in a Yellow Submarine"
"We all travel in a Yellow...."

Let me work on this.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 08:00:18 PM by Reality »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 09:55:51 PM »
Friend/biz associate who is 82 and had back surgery and whom insists on buying the tickets.  Little sensitivity please, msc.
He is substancially better now.
While some people dig the train or even the bus, and I'm not above taking the bus, I can't stand all the stops on either.

If it was a Spurs game I would drive.
Week or so ago Spurs v Clips it was the night of the heavy downpour.
Next night Spurs v Lakers we both felt like screw it, would rather have seen Spurs v Clips.  He loved the play of Jerry West and Wilt the Stilt but had little use for Magic Marketting and sees Kobe how most outside of LA do.

You're telling me there is not enough interest in mega bucks Gated Communityville OC to have a regular trek to worship at the Staples Temple. :crazy:
That seems whack.

Let me work on this.
OC types would just spring for a limo.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

guest-koast

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 10:22:34 PM »
Seriously Reality, why dont you guys just spring for a limo?  It really is not as much as you think it is.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 10:53:52 AM »
Friend/biz associate who is 82 and had back surgery and whom insists on buying the tickets.  Little sensitivity please, msc.

Let me work on this.
Hey, I was sensative, I avoided the poking of fun for just that reason.  I hope your friend is doing better.  That said, I'm not sure how public trasportation would be better for him if he has back problems.

That seems whack.

Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying.  How long have you lived in SoCal?  No one in LA, OC or your beloved SD will ever part with their cars.  Everything is too spread out.  You know this my friend.  

And 'koast beat me to it.  Most people in the "mega bucks" gated communities would take a limo or drive their Range Rover.  

I would suggest saving the start up costs and putting up the $500 for a limo.  It will be a much better investment in the long run ... trust me on this one!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 11:08:33 AM »
Reality..msc is right.  No one is giving up their cars.  This isn't NY or Boston where most people use mass transit to get all around.  All of us have cars so it really would put a company who has a shuttle service from OC to LA in a tight spot.  I really do not think they would get very much work.

With the limo you have alot of space, you all can drink at the game and not worry about who is driving back, and no need to have someone stress out in traffic.  Plus you may be mistaken for mega movie stars!!!!
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 12:44:52 PM »
msc, Koast and all,

I am beginning to kick around a business plan.
Of course, an ad campaign with catch phrase song will be neccessary.

Rough draft only so far:

In a land, near the OC
Lived some people, who missed Kobe.
Tho they longed, to see him play.
Staples was, too far away.

While their condos, were so plush
They did hate, the I-5 rush.
How they longed, a game to see.
Could it, be reality?

We all ride in a Laker Bus Machine,
Laker Bus Machine,
Laker Bus Machine.

We all ride in a Laker Bus Machine,
Laker Bus Machine,
Laker Bus Machine.

or

We all ride in a Yellow Laker Van,
Yellow Laker Van,
Yellow Laker Van.

Potential additional storylines

Tho some called, for group limo
For the cost, most did say "no."  (I will not put in "Most were Jews, and so said "no.")
So they only, saw Kobee,
on their High Def, t.v.

and/or
As the group, did lay in huddle.
Reality said, "How 'bout a shuttle?"
Or as a, different plan,
Would you consider,
a group Van?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 01:01:40 PM by Reality »