Author Topic: Thoughts going into the playoffs?  (Read 1880 times)

guest-koast

Thoughts going into the playoffs?
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2006, 12:19:42 PM »

We'll see how far Heat go vs Lakers in this years playoffs.
This is some of your more delusional reasoning.  No comparison can be made.  Wade by himself is better than the other 4 Lakers on the floor with Kobe.  Or look at this way...

Which team do you think would win more playoff games:

Kobe/Mihm

Wade/Shaq
This is a simple concept!

Kobe is better than Wade but really who would say there is a major gap between the two?  I think Wade is up there with Kobe, Bron, and AI.    Kobe is a better scorer but if Wade got more touches you would see his scoring avg up with the other 3.  Plus if you look at Wade's playoff record so far its pretty impressive what he was able to do last year while Shaq was out.

So from there on its...

Mihm or Shaq

Parker/Vuachic or Payton/Williams

Kwame Brown or Tone Walker

Bynum or Mourning

Walton or Haslem

guest-koast

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2006, 01:01:56 PM »
Hmm, why not compare playoff games without Shaq and without Kobe -- wouldn't that also be fair?
Because the 200 or so games of Kobadiah without Shaq is a sufficient enough amount to give a true picture.

But go ahead, give us the Laker Math on Kobe in the playoffs without Shaq.  I know last year you can start with Shaq 10 Kobe zero.

While burntToast gives us The Heats record last year and this with Kobe on the Heat. :rofl:

Uhh selective memory again?

I can name quite a few playoff games that Kobe won and not Shaq.  Heck one should be real fresh, Kobe hit that 3 in the finals against the Pistons.  What about when Shaq when down in the finals against Indiana and Kobe put the team on his back?  What about the WCF game against the Wolves where Kobe dropped 40+ to win the game and give them all the momentum?  What about Kobe dominating teams on the road when the team went 15-1?

Why do you try to argue about the Lakers with people who follow them closely and you just selectively choose box scores too look at ?  :rofl:  

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2006, 01:45:07 PM »
So from there on its...

Mihm or Shaq

Parker/Vuachic or Payton/Williams

Kwame Brown or Tone Walker

Bynum or Mourning

Walton or Haslem
Some simple changes...but doesn't invalidate your point

Odom  or Tone Walker  (possibly the only other matchup that could favor the Lakers)

Kwame Brown or Haslem

Walton or Posey
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 01:46:27 PM by Lurker »
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2006, 03:05:48 PM »
Uhh selective memory again?

I can name quite a few playoff games that Kobe won and not Shaq.  

Why do you try to argue about the Lakers with people who follow them closely and you just selectively choose box scores too look at ?  :rofl:
Thanks for your trip down memorie lane.

The question was which playoff games has Kobe won with Shaq not in the game, period.

Watching the games then discussing them with you. :rofl:

Keep avoiding Kobes career record without Shaq.  

Also please do tell me who else besides yourself thinks the Heat have the same talent as the Pistons and Spurs.

Guest_Randy

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2006, 04:48:46 PM »

This is some of your more delusional reasoning.  No comparison can be made.  Wade by himself is better than the other 4 Lakers on the floor with Kobe.  Or look at this way...

Which team do you think would win more playoff games:

Kobe/Mihm

Wade/Shaq
Oh no the reasoning is Toasts, yours and Randys, not mine.

Kobe is so much better then Shaq, surely he would vault The Heat to a title last year and this.
Hmm, who here said that Kobe was better than Shaq?  I know, I'll be waiting a LONG time for that quote!   :rofl:

As for Miami in the playoffs vs. the Lakers in the playoffs -- let's look at this a DIFFERENT way (since your version of reality seems to skewed when it comes to ANYTHING that has to do with purple and gold).  How many games have Miami won without Shaq in the line-up?  How many games has Miami won with Shaq in the line-up but without Wade?  The fact is that the Heat WOULD have beaten Detroit, IMO, had Wade not been out with an injury -- Miami was able to win without Shaq (because of Wade) but Shaq was unable to lead the Heat in beating Detroit without Wade.  So AGAIN your argument is useless and has ZERO to do with facts.  It has EVERYTHING to do with your hatred against the Lakers -- in fact, Shaq was a worthless piece of junk (according to you) until he LEFT the Lakers!   :rolleyes:

The fact is that Kobe needed Shaq and Shaq needed Kobe.  Just like TD needs Parker, Manu and Bowen -- it's why Big Ben needs Hamilton, Billups, Sheed, etc.  Teams DON'T get it done by themselves.

Even MJ had Pip and one EXCELLENT post defender and rebounder (Grant then Rodman) as well as some solid role players.  MJ wouldn't have won his titles without a defensive post presence and a rebounder such as Grand or Rodman.  

The fact is that Kobe is one of the best players in the NBA today (and a strong argument could be made that he is the best player in the NBA today although I wouldn't agree with that -- maybe this season because TD has been hurt).  You AREN'T going to see Shaq's name on the top five players in the league anymore -- he definately can have an impact still but Mourning is as important to a Heat title run as Shaq is.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2006, 06:30:53 PM »

The fact is that the Heat WOULD have beaten Detroit, IMO, had Wade not been out with an injury -- Miami was able to win without Shaq (because of Wade) but Shaq was unable to lead the Heat in beating Detroit without Wade.  So AGAIN your argument is useless and has ZERO to do with facts.
It sure does Randoph.  It sure does.

Game 5.
Miami wins with Wade out
MIAMI (AP) -- ...An 88-76 victory over the Detroit Pistons that moved Miami within one game of the NBA Finals.  (Shaq was 9-15)

Game 6 loss without Wade,
Shaq  11-18 for 24 pts and 13 rebounds.

Game 7 loss most Non Krishnas agree Shaq should have continued to get the ball at the end for the Heat.

All the other games both Shaq and Wade played, both not near 100% at times.

Game one loss Wade was 7-25, Shaq was 9-14.

Guest_Randy

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2006, 07:03:07 AM »

The fact is that the Heat WOULD have beaten Detroit, IMO, had Wade not been out with an injury -- Miami was able to win without Shaq (because of Wade) but Shaq was unable to lead the Heat in beating Detroit without Wade.  So AGAIN your argument is useless and has ZERO to do with facts.
It sure does Randoph.  It sure does.

Game 5.
Miami wins with Wade out
MIAMI (AP) -- ...An 88-76 victory over the Detroit Pistons that moved Miami within one game of the NBA Finals.  (Shaq was 9-15)

Game 6 loss without Wade,
Shaq  11-18 for 24 pts and 13 rebounds.

Game 7 loss most Non Krishnas agree Shaq should have continued to get the ball at the end for the Heat.

All the other games both Shaq and Wade played, both not near 100% at times.

Game one loss Wade was 7-25, Shaq was 9-14.
So much for your facts -- Wade played 27 minutes in game 5!

blah, blah, blah -- it's quite easy to throw around "non Krishnas" -- your term for "everybody agrees with me" although it's obvious on here that nobody does!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2006, 11:01:27 AM »
So much for your facts -- Wade played 27 minutes in game 5!

By gibbers you're right.

I must have gotten caught up while watching Manu GNob score the last 14 points in the 4th qtr for the Spurs last night.

Oh wait, the Spurs don't have a go to guy. :rofl:  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2006, 11:10:42 AM »
Randy,

So now what do you think the Heat will do this years playoffs?  

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2006, 11:46:19 AM »

My thought heading into the playoffs is whether I want Ryan Howard batting 4th, 5th or 6th and whether Jimmy Rollins can hit in another 20 consecutive games to break the 3rd greatest sports record in history.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 11:48:16 AM by dbodner »