Author Topic: Message 2 delivery  (Read 672 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Message 2 delivery
« on: March 31, 2006, 05:29:41 PM »
Props to the Lakers for 3 of 4 quarters.  You Kwame Brown Haters are silent.

The 19-2 run was combo of
1. Spurs flipping some switches
2.  Duncan and van excell going to bench.  Duncan was very average all night.  Spurs went on the run without him.  Why on Earth Pop-a-Cement felt the need to bring him back in for the 4th qtr. :crazy: and bench Barry after last nights Clips performance.
3.  Parker continues his all star play.
Additional mega props to Nazr, SuperManu, Shaggy Barry, Bob Horry.
The Finley stuck in mid air purposely undershoot pass to Nazr for banker +1 was cool. :up:

However the Lakers chipped in with several unforced errors.  What was up with some of their passes.  Actually both teams went like two minutes straight of playing bad YMCA ball.

:hail: the bob horry left handed putback jam. :up:  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Message 2 delivery
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 07:26:41 PM »
No the 19-2 run should be credited to...

1) The Lakers forgetting they were playing the best defensive team in the league.  I saw many passes and lobs that may work on the Hawks but certainly do not work on a team that plays defense like the Spurs

2) Some solid defense on Kobe by Bruce Bowen.

3) No shot by the Lakers went unchallenged except maybe a few by Brian Cook and Ronnie Turiaf on pick and pop plays.

4) Hustle plays by Nazr and Parker.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Message 2 delivery
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 01:57:02 AM »
Pay attention yung ungs...

Spurs have a bench, the Lakers don't.

Westkoast is right on, the Lakers started playing sloppy and the Spurs defense kicked their arses.  Some weak arse lobs and stupid passes by the Lakers and the Spurs capitolized.  Tony Parker is having a very good year IMO.  I think he's got enough in the tank to initiate the offense and keep the Spurs going while TD is on the bench.  We'll see if Tony folds AGAIN in the playoffs.

This year it looks like it's the Pistons title to lose instead of the actual champ Spurs.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 02:00:32 AM by WayOutWest »
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Message 2 delivery
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 09:35:33 AM »

This year it looks like it's the Pistons title to lose instead of the actual champ Spurs.
Actually I think the Spurs & Pistons are evenly matched.  They both are veteran ex-champion teams.  Both have played 90-100 games for the past few years.  Both have strong defense and multiple offensive weapons.  Both teams can bang or run.

Fatigue is showing in the Pistons starters due to their big minutes....although Flip is trying to use the bench more since AS break.  But they are playoff tested and I expect them to make it to the finals.  NJ (at least lately) or Miami...whoever advances into the ECF should give the Pistons a test.  The first two rounds will be warmups.

For the Spurs its the nagging injuries...especially to Duncan, Manu and to an extent NVE.  Duncan & Manu need an offseason to fully heal.  A game or two here & there won't make a difference between now & June.  NVE is talking about off season surgery.  Again a battle tested team with a lot of finals experience.  I would expect all 3 of the above mentioned to play through their injuries at this time of year.  The team has been playing all year with that "Let's beat the champion" target on their backs.  The problem I see is a much tougher road to the finals.  The Kings/Lakers won't roll over in the first round.  I would expect at least a 5 game series.  Dallas in the second round will be classic.  Seven games almost assured.  Then most likely the Suns (although don't sleep on the Nuggets) which will be another tiring series.

So basically I think Detroit will be champs again.  An easier playoff schedule + home court = win over Spurs in six or seven.  If that's what you mean....then I agree with you.   :cheers:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Message 2 delivery
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 09:59:51 AM »
Pay attention yung ungs...

Spurs have a bench, the Lakers don't.

Westkoast is right on, the Lakers started playing sloppy and the Spurs defense kicked their arses.  Some weak arse lobs and stupid passes by the Lakers and the Spurs capitolized.  Tony Parker is having a very good year IMO.  I think he's got enough in the tank to initiate the offense and keep the Spurs going while TD is on the bench.  We'll see if Tony folds AGAIN in the playoffs.

Man Homer, that was deep.

MMmmnnnn beeeeer.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 10:00:50 AM by Reality »