« on: March 29, 2006, 11:58:33 AM »
for Thurs nights Laker-Spurs matchup.

Are you hearin things?

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
msc
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 04:53:39 PM »
There are always scalpers at Staples.  I have no idea what tix will be going for, but I can tell you a lot of wheels have fallen off of the Laker bandwagon these last two years, so the demand shouldn't drive the prices too high above face.  Obviously, the price will also depend on where you want to sit.

If you decide to go and scalp just be sure to play hard ball and walk away from the first couple of guys.  They'll inevitably chase after you with a much lower price.  Also, the closer to game time, or even after tip off, they'll get more desperate to unload them and that's when you can get deals below face.  From their perspective ... getting something is better than zero.

Just in case you don't already know, the guys asking you if you have extras are the ones selling.  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
msc
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 05:13:43 PM »
Gracias.  Done and done.

For me it's about driving or not.  I am in The OC at Mission Viejo until 5:30 pm Thurs eve.  Do I want to join the rush hour zoo?  Not really.  If i do tho i know all about scalper negotiation and walking away from them.

True story.  At a Scam Diego Padres game we went down for the $5 tickets.  Sold as "outfield park stand only", they nonetheless allow you to roam the whole stadium.  Which i do, ending up behind home plate at the Plaza level standing viewpoint.  Anwho the park tickets were sold out.  We walked around for awhile.  Most of the ticket roaches had scattered by then.  However in the top of the third inning, one roach reappeared.  My buddy is a rookie so i let the roach start talking to him.  He was gonna try and get face, $35 claiming he "just wants his money back."  I took over and told him to blow off 3Xs at $25,15 and 10, walking away after he tried to stay at 10.  He comes wimpering back and finally we settle on $7.  

Well wouldn't ya know, as circumstances have it, we sit down next to a dating couple.  Rap about how we got tickets.  Turns out they sold the roach our two seats.  When their friends did not show, they sold them to him at gametime for $10 each.  

Here that roach was going to try to extort $35 each, claiming he just wanted his money back.

So ya if i drive up, i will wait till just after tipoff and see what comes down.  I will also have a seating chart with me.  I've seen them work their bull on what "great seats" they have.  

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
msc
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 07:57:50 PM »
Good luck with it and GO LAKERS!