Author Topic: NCAA players with NBA skills  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
NCAA players with NBA skills
« on: March 26, 2006, 02:22:37 PM »
Seeing anyone who you think is a sure fire fit in the NBA?

I have not.  Yet.

The Gonzaga scoring wonder is not as bad on the other aspects as i thought.  He's pretty good at creating his own shot.  Rebound wise he gets position, but his toothpic body will need to steroid up big time if he wants to have much of an impact.

UCLA freshman Mabuta hoot-a-Wootay is very good on defense.  Timing on blocked shots is superb.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 02:49:24 PM by Reality »

Guest_Randy

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 02:27:50 PM »
I'm not sure I see any impact players this year -- I think that there are a few role players who might develop in a few years -- and there are definately some project players out there -- but a player ready to come in and help a team win?  I'm not sure that I see that -- ESPECIALLY on the defensive end.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 03:40:38 PM »
Brandon Roy might not be a superstar, but he's a sure fit to be a good player.  He's going to be a Caron Butler type (with slightly better defense, and more ballhandling).

Likewise, Shelden Williams is sure fire to at least be a good roleplayer.  He'll be a rich man's tyrone hill (a little more fluid offensively).

I think Rudy Gay will most assuredly be a very good player.  Randy Foye will be as well, although he's another one of those combo guards forced into playing point.  But he plays like Ben Gordon.

jn

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 11:55:07 AM »
I agree with dabods on Foye.  The first person that came to my mind in seeing him play was Ben Gordon.

If Joakim Noah adds some weight then he definitely has a future.  His energy is mind boggling.

Still Randy is correct that this year is lacking in guaranteed high impact players.  

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 12:35:44 PM »
Brandon Roy has really turned my head, just a fundamental, sound talent on BOTH sides of the floor.  While Morrison and Redick get all the press, Brandon Roy could be the best all around player in the country.

Foye seems too raw, without the touch from long range that Gordan has.

I think Redick will be a role-player in the mold of Steve Kerr.

Morrison has the tools to become a viable threat as a starter with a good career in the NBA.

Of the very little I saw, that Dudley kid at Boston College was doing some pretty neat stuff.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 12:36:19 PM by Skandery »
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."