Author Topic: OT: American stupidity never ceases to amaze me!  (Read 2069 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
OT: American stupidity never ceases to amaze me!
« on: March 10, 2004, 10:54:20 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3497480.stm

US woman shops with fake $1m bill

A US woman has been charged with forgery after trying to use a fake $1 million bill at a supermarket.   Alice Pike, 35, pulled out the note at a Georgia Wal-Mart store to pay for $1,672 worth of goods and asked for change, police said.

The cashier immediately noticed the bill - bearing the picture of the Statue of Liberty - was fake and called her manager who alerted the police.

The US Treasury does not make $1m bills, which only go as high as $100.

In 1969, the Department of the Treasury and the Federal Reserve System discontinued banknotes in denominations of $500, $1,000 and $10,000 due to lack of use.

Police are reportedly investigating Pike's mental state

"This is the first time in my law enforcement career I've seen someone trying to use a $1 million bill," local police chief Almond Turner was quoted as saying by the Houston Chronicle newspaper.

"It was green, but you could tell it was not a real bill," Mr Turner added.

Ms Pike had three of the $1m bills when she was arrested at the store in Covington on Tuesday, police said.

Mr Turner said she claimed she got the bills from her husband.

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 02:11:53 PM »
LOL.

thiefs today are really getting dumb.

"can I have change please"

my lord.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 03:17:08 PM »
Good thing you posted this because I almost used a Bill Clinton 3 dollar bill to buy a burger from in n out today for lunch.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 03:17:20 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jn

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 05:51:22 PM »
A buddy of mine worked at his Dad's convenience store.  He had several instances of forged money.  The most obvious being I guy with a bunch of 50s printed on GLOSSY paper.   :rolleyes:  

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004, 03:28:59 PM »
A buddy of mine worked at his Dad's convenience store.  He had several instances of forged money.  The most obvious being I guy with a bunch of 50s printed on GLOSSY paper.   :rolleyes:
whats really funny is she tried to play it off as normal to whip out a million dollar bill.  and that followed her trying to buy 1600.00 + in merchandise - AT WALMART - on gift cards that had only 2.00 dollars and change on them... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

as punichment they should tie her up in the middle of hee town and let everyone walk by and slap her one time....
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2004, 03:52:04 PM »
Quote from: jn,Mar 10 2004, 10:51 PM

as punichment they should tie her up in the middle of hee town and let everyone walk by and slap her one time....
Ya...The spurs fans need something to do.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com